Author Topic: VFB zoom in (similar to Real Zoom in vray)  (Read 5415 times)

2019-10-16, 02:42:10

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Real Zoom – When enabled, scrolling will not function in zooming the pixels of the rendered image but will move closer or further from the rendered geometry.

this allows you to do a "2D detail zoom", to check material behavior, etc on a more detailed level. 

2019-10-16, 09:17:39
Reply #1

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :

2019-10-17, 11:13:37
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi edub,

I wonder - is it not enough to do the panning and zooming in the viewport instead of directly in the VFB? Or is it suboptimal for some reason?

2019-10-17, 11:20:08
Reply #3

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hi edub,

I wonder - is it not enough to do the panning and zooming in the viewport instead of directly in the VFB? Or is it suboptimal for some reason?

If I may, I think it comes in handy when you are working from a specific angle and don't want to go out of your current camera just to "zoom in" to see the materials up close.

If I recall correctly this was a feature request for the core team a while back. The whole Real Zoom thing I think started with F-Storm and then V-Ray took up on it so... It is only natural we request it here as well lol :P

edit: Oh and its a +1 from me btw. That being said I do like the current behavior of the IR doing only region renders if you zoom in. Could be introduced as additional functionality when you right click in the VFB with the pick functionality - Similarly as we do focus distance etc now. In fact, thats how V-Ray does it too lol.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-10-17, 12:55:59
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
The thing is this is no longer needed in 3DS Max as it has a feature called "Pan and Zoom", which allows for this 2D movement and zoom in the viewport without destroying your camera settings. So we'd have to implement this in the C4D team. No problem with that, it would just take a bit longer.

2019-10-17, 13:22:06
Reply #5

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
The thing is this is no longer needed in 3DS Max as it has a feature called "Pan and Zoom", which allows for this 2D movement and zoom in the viewport without destroying your camera settings. So we'd have to implement this in the C4D team. No problem with that, it would just take a bit longer.

Good point! I totally forgot about 2D pan & zoom in 3ds Max :) So yeah it works just like that but in the VFB. Whether that is doable or not in C4D I obviously have no idea but its pretty cool to have. Probably (speaking for myself) not the highest thing on the priority list but you know :P
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-10-17, 13:49:58
Reply #6

bcgi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I really miss the zoom feature in the VFB in Corona. It can be handy a lot of times in V-ray.

2019-10-20, 20:51:44
Reply #7

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi edub,

personally I find the interactive render in viewport inferior to VFB, but I also agree with the comment that nkilar posted about needing to stay in the actual camera angle.  Sounds like something is possible, in any regard?  Good news ;)