Author Topic: BUG: R21 v5 Daily build (oct15) constant shader viewport does not work  (Read 3495 times)

2019-10-16, 00:06:52

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If I use corona materials in the scene, the constant shader viewport mode looks all black.

2019-10-16, 00:22:39
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Can confirm on my end too. Using Windows here btw.

This topic would probably be more at home in the bug reports section though :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-10-16, 01:24:29
Reply #2

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wasn't sure where the best place to post bug is - I thought Houska said directly here in daily builds forum?...  or do you mean this is not "just" a daily build bug?

2019-10-16, 03:19:05
Reply #3

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
seems the default C4D autolight (https://help.maxon.net/us/#45030?anchor=DIALOG_QUICKLIGHT) is also affecting the viewport in constant shading mode (which it definitely should NOT be)

2019-10-16, 17:02:36
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I wasn't sure where the best place to post bug is - I thought Houska said directly here in daily builds forum?...  or do you mean this is not "just" a daily build bug?

The bug reports section is a bit more organized for us when we want to do bug hunting, however the reports there often don't mention in which version the bug appears. This is implicitly presumed to be the current daily in the daily build section.

Both is fine. Do what works the best for you :-)

2019-10-16, 18:37:20
Reply #5

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report, we will have a look at it and hopefully we'll support the flat shading soon as well.

(Internal ID=410801354)

2019-10-17, 00:15:40
Reply #6

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report, we will have a look at it and hopefully we'll support the flat shading soon as well.

(Internal ID=410801354)

yes, hopefully soon - it worked on v4, btw

2019-10-17, 10:37:28
Reply #7

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hmm, is anyone else also finding the Quick Shader to be simply too dark at grazing angles?

I have a fairly dark terrain texture and its literally full on black when viewed under grazing angles :o

2019-10-17, 12:52:12
Reply #8

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hmm, is anyone else also finding the Quick Shader to be simply too dark at grazing angles?

I have a fairly dark terrain texture and its literally full on black when viewed under grazing angles :o

Hey Nejc, would you have a testing scene for us? That would help us immensely, because we would then be able to test the new implementation against the scene to make sure it's better.

2019-10-17, 20:21:03
Reply #9

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
So just for clearing this up for any other lost souls here... Houska received the scene files but it isn't as much of a problem with grazing angles as it is that the new viewport previews are just darker than the native c4d material and their previews.

Hopefully that clears up my part :) As for the constant shading, its pretty much black indeed.