Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Team render node license on 45 Day trial

(1/1)

danbush:
Hi

were in the middle of trialing Corona as a potential new render engine for our studio. We currently have a 3 dedicated render nodes however were struggling to get the Corona node installation to run on the machine. When we come to team render we are getting an error message that we don't have a license. Is it possible to get a 45 day license for the render nodes as well? Its a pretty critical part of our workflow so we want to make sure it works for us before we invest.

Thanks

TomG:
Hi! All should work so long as you run the License Server on the main machine, which will hand out the license from there (the 45 day trial) to the other machines. See https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/5000618553-corona-licensing-server for full details.

danbush:
Ok got that installed however it now asks for a username and password for the customer zone login. I don't have one of those as i don't have a full license.

Any thoughts?

danbush:
This is the error code i'm getting on the licensing server

Ales:
Hi,

sore for late response. Unfortunatelly, license server doesn't provide demo licences, so in this case clients need to be activated manually. This can be done in two ways:

First possible solution is documented here under section "Activating demo licenses on render nodes" (the article is written for 3ds Max, but solution for C4D should be the same except request key will be stored in "request-c4d-commercial.txt").

Second possibility would be starting full C4D on client at least once so demo is properly activated. This is probably not the best solution in lot of cases (since you might not have full C4D license on client machines). We plan to improve this by allowing users to activate demo from TR client directly - hopefully this should be included in next daily build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version