Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Corona Version 4 - Caustics Help Please

(1/2) > >>

MilkmanDave:
This new video by the Corona Team showing CAUSTICS reflective from the Chrome Wheel is great, I need a tutorial or quick explanation to achieve this result.  Please this youtube video at :35 seconds.          Thanks for any guidance.  Cinema 4d only.  I do NOT use 3dsmax.  My scene is attached - I'm failing to get the right result.

houska:
Hi MilkmanDave!

Try to render with caustics enabled and disabled in Corona Light and compare those two images. You'll see that the caustics are indeed there. There are however two issues with your setup:

1.) The light emitter is so big that the caustics are everywhere and you have a hard time seeing them.
2.) The geometry is not so well-suited to show-off caustics. What you want is concave surfaces that will focus light, making the caustics very bright in some places of the image

MilkmanDave:
Thanks Houska!  I'm attaching my scene again.  I'm actually getting some better results with your help.  I made the lights smaller and cranked up the power from 50 - to 200.  I added a wheel with concave curves.

Thank you - looking better. ☺  Let me know if you have more suggestions.

mb3d:
Hello.
You have to exclude the object & the floor so caustics can work/show.

I've put a example file so you can check this :)

houska:

--- Quote from: mb3d on 2019-07-04, 15:55:28 ---You have to exclude the object & the floor so caustics can work/show.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, but no. What you're doing there is a hack. The fact that caustics work with excluded objects is a mistake. Normally you'd want to have one light for both lighting the scene and for generating caustics. Separating these two doesn't make physical sense and is terribly wrong. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version