Author Topic: is the C4D node-based material editor supported in Corona?  (Read 2413 times)

2019-06-13, 03:14:55

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I remember reading some post where someone mentioned that the C4D node editor (R20) was better than the Corona node editor...  but I never tested it.  It seems that I can't find any references to that.
Is it supported with Corona materials?

2019-06-13, 05:41:04
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The native C4D node editor is a different thing - it specifically creates "node based materials" and only lets you view inside one such material at once. Those materials are not compatible with Corona.

The Corona node based editor lets you view as many materials as you want at once, and connect one node to as many materials or channels in a material as you like (not possible natively in C4D). You can check https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-3-for-cinema-4d-released/ for info on the Corona version.

To say one is better than the other is not really possible, since they are both very different things :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-06-13, 05:44:56
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Or think on it this way - the native C4D added a new type of material, called a node material, which when you go inside that one material, you can construct things with nodes.

Corona added a node editor that lets you edit materials (Corona ones, but also native C4D ones). So one is an editor (Corona), one is a type of material (native C4D).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us