Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130503 times)

2020-07-02, 15:50:38
Reply #330

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Right, I was just thinking of UHD Cache as an option since path tracing can be less optimal for interiors.  But if you're boosting 4k's performance then it's a moot point and no need to clog the UI.  Thanks!

I was thinking the same :- ).
« Last Edit: 2020-07-03, 08:41:41 by rowmanns »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2020-07-02, 17:02:01
Reply #331

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon. Is this how it should be? Sky+Sun / DB 18.06.

I've have the same issue, wasn't sure if it was caused by the Daily Build... annoying though! (Had to just mask out any parts of the AO pass that had opacity)

I wasn't able to reproduce it. I tried V5 and V6 with transparent materials against the sky and against a solid object. Tried with the old and new sky model. Could you please send your scenes (preferably simplified) so that we could reproduce it?
Uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

sent

2020-07-02, 17:16:43
Reply #332

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome - can you tell us the file name, so we know which upload connects to this forum thread? Cheers!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-07-02, 17:48:30
Reply #333

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome - can you tell us the file name, so we know which upload connects to this forum thread? Cheers!

mod.zip

2020-07-03, 15:12:37
Reply #334

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It's already reproduced and sent to the dev team for further investigation. Thanks for the file anyway!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-07-06, 22:40:28
Reply #335

lolec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure which other software updated my OptiX, and you likely already know about it,  but the error message says I should report it so here we are :)

2020-07-07, 12:09:21
Reply #336

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
to the devs:

Finding - using the latest daily - i noticed one of my current scenes (a simple bathroom scene) took 18 hours to complete (5K render on a Ryzen 3970)....  baffled me why it took so long when other renders take between 2-4 hours for this size.  I then started to diagnose the issue and narrowed it down to the UVWrandomizer.  The high quality blending takes the longest while without this checked, its a little better but still longer than without using the UVWrandomizer altogether.
When i removed this UVWrandomizer, the scene rendered in just under 4 hours.  I realise you tooltip says it takes longer to computer (double in the worst case scenario), however in my case it was 4x longer.

Just a heads up.

2020-07-07, 15:14:30
Reply #337

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
to the devs:

Finding - using the latest daily - i noticed one of my current scenes (a simple bathroom scene) took 18 hours to complete (5K render on a Ryzen 3970)....  baffled me why it took so long when other renders take between 2-4 hours for this size.  I then started to diagnose the issue and narrowed it down to the UVWrandomizer.  The high quality blending takes the longest while without this checked, its a little better but still longer than without using the UVWrandomizer altogether.
When i removed this UVWrandomizer, the scene rendered in just under 4 hours.  I realise you tooltip says it takes longer to computer (double in the worst case scenario), however in my case it was 4x longer.

Just a heads up.
Hey,

Thanks for the information, is it possible for you to send us the scene? We definately want to investigate this.

You can send it to our private uploader so we can treat if confidentially if needed. https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-07-09, 09:10:30
Reply #338

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
!!!

Guys, guys huge problem (For me at least).

Something has happened with the Corona Mix map. Mixing 2 Ocean Tex maps and feeding them into the Phoenix FD Simulator displacement node is NOT working anymore!
Mixing them and putting them into the displacement Slot in the Corona material works fine, but they don't work anymore in the Phoenix FD Liquid Sim.

To test out, just simulate one frame mix two ocean maps and put them into Phoenix displacement. The mesh preview will be flat, you don't even need to render.

14th May daily builds works OK. (I have tested it twice)
Latest daily build doesn't.

Has something changed in the Corona Mix map recently?
Hi,

This is fixed in the v6 DB 2020-07-07.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-07-09, 14:16:31
Reply #339

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the error is not corrected 07_07

2020-07-09, 14:29:26
Reply #340

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
the error is not corrected 07_07

It is not. If a bug is fixed, we explicitly state this in the changelog - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26830.0

2020-07-09, 16:42:05
Reply #341

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
to the devs:

Just a heads up.

Jeez...one more feature I will not touch then, good warning. Is this the case only when UVWRandomizer does the blending to avoid tiling, or also the Version5 basic features like simple offset/scale ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2020-07-09, 17:01:00
Reply #342

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
to the devs:

Just a heads up.

Jeez...one more feature I will not touch then, good warning. Is this the case only when UVWRandomizer does the blending to avoid tiling, or also the Version5 basic features like simple offset/scale ?

@shortcirkuit - could you please send us a scene like that? https://corona-renderer.com/upload

@shortcirkuit and @Juraj - we currently have a similar report. It seems that the Blending option affects performance even if its effect is not visible in any way (it is enabled, but there is no random tiling). This will be fixed, but still the more reports we receive, the better.

(Internal ID=532780798)

2020-07-09, 17:13:24
Reply #343

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
But is only the "blending" the culprit? Or is the whole UVWRandomizer node generally (with features of stock 5 build, not daily) taxing as well?

2020-07-09, 18:09:41
Reply #344

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After newest daily installation (07.07) , unknown error appears once IR is activated and scene won't render.
Everything worked fine with the previous daily. Will upload my file for your tests (file name: access_road_base_extra_cam)
Thanks
« Last Edit: 2020-07-09, 18:19:46 by Ink Visual »