Author Topic: memory consumption window  (Read 946 times)

2022-10-27, 17:42:20

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. BIt of a basic question. But how can you show the memory consumption window like on the attached screen shot? THanks :) 

2022-10-27, 18:43:36
Reply #1

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Render Stamp is where you can set this up. There are codes that populate certain information similar to Render Tokens in C4D.

2022-10-27, 19:33:08
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY BigAl! And you can find the complete list of variables here for reference: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528218842257-Renderstamp-Variables
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-27, 20:52:08
Reply #3

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My pleasure. Always looking for a way to give help back since I've taken so much over time.

I didn't know there were so many deep bits of info you could stamp on a render. This might be more of a suggestion, but I'm curious, is there a way to include the stamp info as metadata somehow? Obviously the render stamp feature makes the image unusable for final use, but some might find it useful for reference down the road if some of that info is saved in some other way. Maybe I'm imagining this being more useful than it is, but for a busy shop with a small farm can analyze that stuff for managing render nodes, upgrades, etc.

2022-10-27, 21:39:01
Reply #4

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@BigAl3D THanks for the info, thats much appreciated. :)

2022-10-27, 23:21:31
Reply #5

ficdogg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can have the renderstamp as a multi pass layer. I've used it like this to get more accurate numbers of how the render farm nodes compare to my PC.

2022-10-28, 13:24:24
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
And thanks ficdogg - yep you can add a Multipass/Render Element with the render stamp in it, it's a particular layer. Then you can leave your beauty pass untouched :) Just uncheck showing the render stamp, as that controls it in the beauty and that will leave it showing up as a multipass / render element layer only.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us