General Category > General CG Discussion

Physical light simulation

<< < (2/3) > >>

Marciortiz:
I did, and did not create anything different.

In fact, I am testing while I'm writing, and the only difference I can notice is that I got already I high number of passes and the image is very noisy.

maru:
I don't get it. Please provide us with screenshots of what you are doing and what you are trying to achieve.

Marciortiz:
Alright.

What I am trying to achieve is pretty much the light effect of what you got from my first post (obviously I wont get the same as I don't have the same geometry, light etc but I don't even get the caustics usual behavior).

If you see the attached image, you will notice that I got a chandelier on top, which has sphere light (and some objects with Emission), but I got nothing even close to caustics. Those lamp shades I won't expect much from them, but I am still believing that the sphere Light inside the lampshade should for some reason react differently with the glass bellow. I am not an expert on that, I'm learning Corona but for me doesn't look right. Those two images are done on progressive render and I don't think is worth to post any bidir/vcm as they came out VERY noisy therefore I haven't save it. (I'm taking a night shot as we speak, on progressive again).

Cheers.

romullus:
I might be wrong, but these glass things under lamp shades doesn't look like they have thickness. One must have correct geometry, materials and render settings in order to get caustics. And if you want caustics in progressive mode, make sure MSI is set to 0.

Marciortiz:
Thanks Romulus, in fact the geometry was a simple polygon. Just changed here to see if works.

Night scene, I might get back tomorrow evening with some results (I hope).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version