Author Topic: to the dev team  (Read 4912 times)

2014-09-12, 23:44:04

Muadib

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have been trying out corona as a 3d generalist for a bit now on diverse projects and been testing it under different scenarios.
i am new to this forum and finally had some time between projects to post my impressions with the risk of sounding massively kiss ass:

it is just incomprehensible to me how such a small team can produce such extraordinary work.
even in alpha, it is the most stable, usable, best performing render i have used.

all the other aspects, such as the direct communication with the community and the speed of the development/fixes is unprecedented.
as a result of it i have become somewhat of a corona evangelist and my 3d friends are a bit fed up with it probably.

not to go on, i really cannot wait to support the team with my wallet.

thank you for your incredible work.

2014-09-13, 00:15:59
Reply #1

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Welcome to the team!

Cheers.

2014-09-13, 00:45:38
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-09-13, 01:02:47
Reply #3

Muadib

• Active Users
    • View Profile
that made me laugh out loud. you guys are great.
thanks for the welcome. hopefully i can contribute in some way.

2014-09-13, 03:17:39
Reply #4

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Corona evangelist, thats a term I was looking for :)
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-09-13, 09:39:45
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-09-13, 12:45:28
Reply #6

Muadib

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i am beginning to realize keymaster does not sleep.
that explains alot:)

2014-09-13, 12:58:32
Reply #7

Muadib

• Active Users
    • View Profile

since semantics are being discussed, may i respectfully suggest changing sig from "diarrhea" to "jizz":)
would make a more fitting analogy.;)

2014-09-29, 03:49:56
Reply #8

padre.ayuso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey there, new to Corona as well! Have been trying it as a Production Renderer for the past 48 hours. It amazes me the simplicity and ease and results you get. I was attempting a full exterior (a whole block) and could not get the correct results in MR or Iray (with the time frame I have). Finally I decided to take the plunge and do it in Corona. Read a couple of tutorials and tips from the Keymaster and it amazes me the results you get and at the speed. Right now I have 150 individual lights and Self Illum materials and an HDRI and in comparison to anything I have tried so far (within my budget which is 0 dollars and 0 cents) its the best I have found.

So yes, I'm getting everyone in the office using Corona for this project. Since the results are great, I have a feeling that we will all turn to Corona for all our projects.

Great work to the small team at Corona and everyone supporting it. It really saved our day!