Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Did you check if the curtain has proper UV coordinates? Assign checkerboard texture and see if there are any obvious stretching. If modelled correctly, objects like curtains should not require triplanar, instead they should have nearly perfect UV coordinates already.
Yeah the uvs are there, and they're working fine. This problem is not related to UVs tho, I can scale the texture how I want but the bump problems is still there
Gallery / Residence in Lake Tahoe, Nevada
« Last post by Beta on Today at 19:08:20 »
Hello,

These are renders from a recent project featuring a residence in Lake Tahoe, Nevada.

Software: 3ds Max, Corona Renderer

Hi-res renders: https://www.behance.net/gallery/199142997/Residence-in-Lake-Tahoe-CGI

Did you check if the curtain has proper UV coordinates? Assign checkerboard texture and see if there are any obvious stretching. If modelled correctly, objects like curtains should not require triplanar, instead they should have nearly perfect UV coordinates already.
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Corona Shadow Catcher for interior
« Last post by BigAl3D on Today at 18:42:32 »
Another tip is to use a disc object centered under the chair, but large enough to cover any shadows. Apply the Shadow Catcher material to that abject. In this way, it avoid adding any extra shadows around the room as using the entire floor would do. I have also added an Opacity Map to the SC to further limit and soften the shadows should they creep too far from the disc object.

You can also render so that your chair is output with the shadow all in one file (See attachment. You'll have to download it to see). If you have several shots set up in that same angle, you can just drop that file onto the other images and it will be ready to go. You can slide the chair a bit along the wall after the render. Same process could be added to the wall near the chair so there is a shadow behind the chair. Yes, I realize this isn't a super flexible solution, but easier to deal with one piece.

One limitation is that the shadows that are captured do not show any geometry bumps that may be present in the floor, just smooth shadow which may or may not be a problem.
Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with a bump texture that is rendered correctly when it's in the triplanar slot. When I put it in the bump channel without triplanar it's not rendered in a correct way.
I tried to put the texture inside a Corona bitmap but it doesn't change anything.
I'm attaching an image where you can see the correct behaviour at the top of the curtain.
I'm attaching the scene aswell.

Looks like my latest project is giving me all the issues I've never had in 6+ years using Corona lol
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Displacement map rendered jagged
« Last post by romullus on Today at 16:23:24 »
Glad to help!
[Max] Feature Requests / Re: New Unified UV Tile Control map
« Last post by maru on Today at 15:34:57 »
Hi, we have discussed this idea internally and I don't think we fully understand it. Sorry about that.

Here are some facts:
- If you have multiple textures making up a single material (e.g. diffuse, normal, roughness), you can pass those multiple textures through a single node using the "multi inputs/outputs" feature (Triplanar, Mapping Randomizer, Multimap). This way, all textures will be controlled in one go. This is already supported and we do not need any new map type for this.
- If you do not want to affect all textures, but for example change scale in texture A to 1 and in texture B to 2, then you can simply use two separate triplanar/randomizer/multimap/other nodes.

So the two solutions cover both cases: when you want to control everything at once and when you want to control each texture separately.

Most likely, I do not fully understand the request here, so what would definitely help is sharing a specific use case where this would be helpful. Could you set up a simple scene and explain to us:
- I would like to do x
- I am unable to do x because currently there is no such option
- to resolve that, I would like to have a new feature y implemented

Thanks in advance!
« Last post by mac_bean on Today at 15:06:04 »
Awesome, thanks a lot @romullus! This helped 💪🏻
« Last post by romullus on Today at 14:58:25 »
The issue is not in the bit depth, the displacement texture attached in the first message has only few shades of grey, increasing bit depth won't help in a slightest. The problem is this texture is pushing Corona displacement too hard. You need to blur it slightly, so displacement would have some room to work nicely. The more variance between neighbouring pixels the texture will have, the more chances for artifacts in displacement will be. You can try to reduce displacement size in render settings to combat that, but it has its limits - eventually increased parsing time and RAM consumption will make this solution impractical.

I would also suggest to consider using Corona pattern instead displacement - i think it would be more preferable solution in your case.
working on NDA project, so can't share scene. But just wanted to chime in, that scene loading has increased dramatically since corona 11. Maybe it's also related to max 2024 as I didn't update until a couple of months ago?
I'm using max 2024.2 with corona11HF2.

Also had instant crashes with just trying to rename corona materials. Might have been a one off event though. Just trying to mention things in case you can make a connection with other reports. Opening up the material editor in the scene would usually cause max to freeze and no longer respond. Having to force shut down.

Just tried opening the file with 10HF3 and it was a bit faster, but not much. There's a chaos scatter item in this specific scene.

Now I tried the latest daily from may 10th and here the scene opens up much much faster. Such a big improvement. I'd say we are back to "normal" loading times for a scene like this. The material editor gave me a bit of a scare again, but actually opened soon after.
I'm a bit hesitant to update the render farm, but the latest daily seems to have fixed a lot of things!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10