Author Topic: DR problem.............  (Read 19299 times)

2015-03-06, 12:43:18
Reply #15

ryan34side

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had the same problem as you, I travavaille on 3dsmax, the output gamma was not the same on the master computer and my second Drserveur computer.
I put my output gamma to 2.2 on each and I redid all my textures keeping 2.2 gamma and I solved the problem mainly Whith  the support of Corona

if anyone one on one problem I want to help

Ryan

2015-03-06, 12:50:21
Reply #16

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
No, you do not have to use this software. Just go to User Account Control in Windows and move the slider all the way down. I think so...
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-03-06, 13:06:35
Reply #17

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe these guides will help:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772211.aspx

Just keep in mind that this will probably enable anonymous users in LAN to access shared folders (not sure how it works exactly, sorry, this is black magic for me). Maybe it's worth trying and reverting to default values if you consider it unsafe.

2015-03-06, 13:09:01
Reply #18

aurelarchi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AB Images
Yes thanks this is helpfull but like you said this kind of trick will lead to a less secure system.

2015-03-06, 14:39:19
Reply #19

aurelarchi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AB Images
Ok i tested with the Disable User Account Control down.
Same issue...................

2015-03-06, 14:56:48
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Another idea: can you send a simplified version of the scene where this happens in max14 version? (it may be something really simple, just so that the error is there)

2015-03-06, 17:29:32
Reply #21

aurelarchi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AB Images
Of course Maru!
I do that soon as i can !

Thank for the help !!

2015-03-06, 18:30:08
Reply #22

aurelarchi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AB Images
You can find here the test scene.

Thx

2015-03-06, 19:12:29
Reply #23

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you sure this is the scene you are rendering with Corona and distributed rendering? Why are you using V-ray materials, V-ray sun, V-ray lights? This is not correct! Please at least use the scene converter.
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000549705

I am not able to reproduce it using this scene. Can you at least include any texture that has this problem? I wanted to see how it is loaded...

I can see that multitexture plugin skips the native max's bitmap loading window with gamma settings. Maybe this is the problem. Does it also happen for you when you are not using any v-ray materials and not using multitexture, just a plain max's "bitmap"?

2015-03-06, 21:00:40
Reply #24

aurelarchi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AB Images
Sorry for this !
Wrong one, please check this one.
I added the map too.

Thx !

2015-03-09, 09:17:42
Reply #25

aurelarchi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AB Images
Any solutions on this ?
For information Corona working perfectly on my worstation and found the files on the NAS.

2015-03-09, 10:25:38
Reply #26

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for this !
Wrong one, please check this one.
I added the map too.
Thx !
In this file, I am not able to see how the bitmap is loaded.

Can you sent a file where:
-this error occurs
-all the objects and materials are setup just the way you have them in the scene where the error occurrs (for example, materials are assigned to objects, maps are assigned to materials, you are using the same types of materials and plugins as in the scene with errors)
-I want to be able to see for example how you loaded the bitmap in the material (what gamma settings etc)

2015-03-09, 11:11:57
Reply #27

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I have the same issue with DR. I've installed the 45 day demo versión to try it out and everything works flawlessly except for DR. Everytime data is received from render nodes the image starts to get brighter and brighter.

Totinguis , are you sure you have vray installed on your slaves? If not and you are using a vray cam, the slaves start to render (and deliver) white exrs like crazy - turning your framebuffer white.

Good luck
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2015-03-09, 11:19:24
Reply #28

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I took a quick look at the scene from aurelarchi and dr-tested the file:

- slaves that have vray installed render correctly
- slaves without vray have the following warnings:

09.03.2015 10:43:39;  ***WARNING*** Missing dll: vrayphysicalcamera2013.dlo - VRayPhysicalCamera
09.03.2015 10:43:39;  ***WARNING*** Missing dll: vrender2013.dlr - V-Ray Adv 2.40.03
09.03.2015 10:43:39;  ***WARNING*** Missing dll: vray_rtmax2013.dlr - V-Ray RT 2.40.03

and spit out a white exrs VERY fast :) This is what turns the framebuffer white after a while (and this is what happend to user totinguis and others I guess). Simplest (obvoius) solution is to recreate the vray cam as standard cam, second (obvoius) solution is installing vray on the slaves.

And there may be still a path issue left: I would literally NEVER use mapped drives letters to link assets in any networked environment, even when working locally and even if slaves have access to and mapped the network source. Allways use UNC paths. The material you used for the floor is mapped to "Z:\dossier ARCHI\Maps\Bois[...]". This should read "\\NAS\Données\dossier ARCHI\Maps\Bois[...]". This is just a general workflow hint and not part of the issue as far I can see (but of many others).

Besides that, the test scene works as expected here.

Good luck!

P.S. Maru, what do you mean with "In this file, I am not able to see how the bitmap is loaded."?
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2015-03-09, 11:32:04
Reply #29

aurelarchi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • AB Images
Hi !

This is the same scene where error occurs.
Simple white wall and a wood parquet as :
Z:\dossier ARCHI\Maps\Bois\cg source wood textures\
Z:\ is my NAS

No plug here.

Strange thing : I tested a Viz park scene, the grass one made for Corona and no DR problem......................
I saw the bitmap files are forced on gamma 2.2 on the windows files loader, maybe it's the key ?

@Frood

And there may be still a path issue left: I would literally NEVER use mapped drives letters to link assets in any networked environment, even when working locally and even if slaves have access to and mapped the network source. Allways use UNC paths. The material you used for the floor is mapped to "Z:\dossier ARCHI\Maps\Bois[...]". This should read "\\NAS\Données\dossier ARCHI\Maps\Bois[...]". This is just a general workflow hint and not part of the issue as far I can see (but of many others).

So if i understand i have to use \\NAS\Données\........... and not "Z:\dossier ARCHI\.... ?

For vray i'm on the 3.0 version maybe this is why you found some errors, but vray work perfectly on DR.

Thx !

Update 1 : All the link on the Viz park scene are in Z:\dossier ARCHI\...............
Work perfectly...............

« Last Edit: 2015-03-09, 11:45:35 by aurelarchi »