Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130502 times)

2020-06-29, 19:18:22
Reply #315

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not going crazy, the 4K is more accurate so lighting may look different with it depending. It should always be faster to calculate the cache itself (taking about half the time), and I think the overall render time may go up or down depending on whether the increased accuracy means more/different calculations are required or not (as far as I understand it - not being a developer, I could be wrong on that :) ).

Yeah I'm loving the new 4k cache.  My interiors I'm working on right now look crisper\more realistic to the extent that when I didn't change from UHD in one of the interiors I looked at it and thought 'Hmmmm, that doesn't look quite as...oh right!' and then made the change to 4k.  And we just used it for a short 20 second animation and got far less flickering.  Thanks guys!

2020-06-30, 03:55:46
Reply #316

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
4K in DB 18 June is not well optimized.

LINK

(*) 4K Cache Precomp time can be easily 25X time compared to UHD Cache in complex lighting situation (huge room, small window, CoronaSky+CoronaSun).
(*) Also, 4K is impossible to use in IR mode ( 8 FPS with UHD Cache vs 0.7 FPS).
(*) More noisy compared to v5.0 with Portals.

« Last Edit: 2020-06-30, 04:15:42 by cecofuli »

2020-06-30, 08:34:51
Reply #317

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I tried the latest daily build on a scene where I was working with the 14th of May Daily. And I got a error of an internal not a number issue? Whatever that is..Anyway I ignored it but my scene was totally f-ed up. I freaked out (beacuse it's the main project I work on) and I switched back to the 14th May daily. Will the scene be plagued when corona 6 is launched?

Also there seems to be weird noise thing happening. Please see attached (sorry for the small crop, cannot show more of the thing I am working). I don't remember having these issues with Corona 5.

Thanks!

2020-06-30, 09:03:29
Reply #318

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I tried the latest daily build on a scene where I was working with the 14th of May Daily. And I got a error of an internal not a number issue? Whatever that is..Anyway I ignored it but my scene was totally f-ed up. I freaked out (beacuse it's the main project I work on) and I switched back to the 14th May daily. Will the scene be plagued when corona 6 is launched?

Also there seems to be weird noise thing happening. Please see attached (sorry for the small crop, cannot show more of the thing I am working). I don't remember having these issues with Corona 5.

Thanks!
Hi Flavius,

Are you able to send over your scene where you experienced the NaN issue then we can take a look at it?

It's quite difficult to tell what is going on from that small crop.. Maybe you can submit a support ticket and we can take a look confidentially? We want to make sure that we iron out these issues before Corona 6 is launched :)

Cheers,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2020-06-30, 13:51:57 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-06-30, 09:09:14
Reply #319

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ rowmanns

Ok, I will surely do so!

Thanks!

2020-06-30, 14:12:54
Reply #320

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon. Is this how it should be? Sky+Sun / DB 18.06.

2020-06-30, 15:05:13
Reply #321

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio

I've have the same issue, wasn't sure if it was caused by the Daily Build... annoying though! (Had to just mask out any parts of the AO pass that had opacity)

2020-06-30, 15:14:17
Reply #322

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Please can you provide the scene in question?

Instructions on how to send it to us can be found in my signiture.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-06-30, 17:33:58
Reply #323

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
4K in DB 18 June is not well optimized.

LINK

(*) 4K Cache Precomp time can be easily 25X time compared to UHD Cache in complex lighting situation (huge room, small window, CoronaSky+CoronaSun).
(*) Also, 4K is impossible to use in IR mode ( 8 FPS with UHD Cache vs 0.7 FPS).
(*) More noisy compared to v5.0 with Portals.

Yeah we find it to be much slower for IR.  We have been using it for final images\animations only.  If it's always going to be slower it would be nice to have an option to enable a different solver for IR than for production.

2020-06-30, 19:06:03
Reply #324

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Please can you provide the scene in question?

Instructions on how to send it to us can be found in my signiture.

Cheers,

Rowan

https://yadi.sk/d/mbHp1hOlhFUUOw file

2020-07-01, 09:38:53
Reply #325

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah we find it to be much slower for IR.  We have been using it for final images\animations only.  If it's always going to be slower it would be nice to have an option to enable a different solver for IR than for production.
Hi,

We are working on some optimisations for the 4k cache.

You can already enable a different solver for IR. In the performance tab of the render setup you can enable "Force Path Tracing".

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-07-01, 17:55:41
Reply #326

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We are working on some optimisations for the 4k cache.

You can already enable a different solver for IR. In the performance tab of the render setup you can enable "Force Path Tracing".

Cheers,

Rowan

Right, I was just thinking of UHD Cache as an option since path tracing can be less optimal for interiors.  But if you're boosting 4k's performance then it's a moot point and no need to clog the UI.  Thanks!

2020-07-02, 14:07:23
Reply #327

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

I've have the same issue, wasn't sure if it was caused by the Daily Build... annoying though! (Had to just mask out any parts of the AO pass that had opacity)

I wasn't able to reproduce it. I tried V5 and V6 with transparent materials against the sky and against a solid object. Tried with the old and new sky model. Could you please send your scenes (preferably simplified) so that we could reproduce it?
Uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-07-02, 15:20:54
Reply #328

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
I wasn't able to reproduce it. I tried V5 and V6 with transparent materials against the sky and against a solid object. Tried with the old and new sky model. Could you please send your scenes (preferably simplified) so that we could reproduce it?

I had the issue in a CTexmap Render Element, with the default CoronaAO map set as the texture. Any objects with opacity (e.g. leaves) had the opacity as solid black in the AO pass. Give that a go, if it still doesn't work I'll recreate it in a simple scene and send it over with screengrabs.

2020-07-02, 15:35:58
Reply #329

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

I had the issue in a CTexmap Render Element, with the default CoronaAO map set as the texture. Any objects with opacity (e.g. leaves) had the opacity as solid black in the AO pass. Give that a go, if it still doesn't work I'll recreate it in a simple scene and send it over with screengrabs.

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I missed the "AO" part. Reproduced now.

(Internal ID=530398917)
« Last Edit: 2020-07-02, 16:01:29 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us