Author Topic: Subsurface scatter  (Read 723 times)

2022-05-26, 11:02:30

Petter86nor

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey
I'm new to Corona and have not ben doing 3d in many years. I have a problem where my  corona physical materials tend to swich color on the subsurface scatter properties (Scatter color) every time I re-enter a scene after closing the application or visiting another scene. It's allways the same tint of orange. I thought first it might have to do with naming conventions, but now I'm  not so sure.

2022-05-26, 14:10:10
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Which version of Max, which version of Corona, could it be that the color is set using Temp or Albedo in the color picker?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-05-26, 15:49:03
Reply #2

Petter86nor

• Users
    • View Profile
Its max 2022 and corona 7 (hotfix)

The physical materials go orange everytime the application closes for whatever reason.
"could it be that the color is set using Temp or Albedo in the color picker?"
I'm now sure how that should/could happen, I thought it was from name conventions from an older project, but its on ongoing problem in newer projects with evereyhing set from scratch to.
When I create the physical materials they have white SS color. but as soon as the app closes or I open an older save. all of them go orange.
Could you elaborate on your thought here, not sure I follow.

2022-05-26, 17:10:02
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is an ongoing fix for the new color picker reverting / changing albedo and color temperatures, so was wondering if that was what you are experiencing - to explain the thought process for the question :) However, this would be Corona 8, as 7 still has the old color picker, so is not the case here (also why it is important to always mention the Corona version when reporting a problem).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us