Author Topic: Exterior High Rise Render  (Read 853 times)

2022-05-24, 23:13:19

miacreed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I recently came across an exterior Corona render that I found to be particularly impressive. (It was rendered in 3ds max + corona I've been told), I proceeded to look for a tutorial online for a render of this style, (exterior + urban setting + high-rise architecture) but am coming up dry.
I was wondering if I might post it here an discuss what methods the forum thinks were used to produce this image + context?
Also if anyone has a tutorial that they can recommend I'm all ears

Thanks!
X
Mia

2022-05-26, 03:15:06
Reply #1

DPS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The best way would be to just have a go and then post back your progress for critique.

As a start it looks like a cloudy HDRI with some tonemapping.

The important part as I see it is that the 'brightness' of the surrounding trees and lower level footpath are in a similar range (very dark) so overall the arrangement of lights and darks throughout the image is quite simple, allowing the structural parts of the building to provide the most contrast and pop.

If you lit this with direct sun and were careless, it would be possible to come up with many different sun angles that yield an arrangement with so much local contrast everywhere that the image would look a mess.
Specs: AMD 1950X, Aorus Gaming 7 x399, 64GB RAM, 1080ti. Win10, Max 2017, Corona 1.7.3