Author Topic: Vray to Corona conversion in c4d, Is it possible?!  (Read 5418 times)

2020-05-20, 16:11:03

ChrisMyatt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can vray scenes be converted to corona, like in 3dsmax or was that support not implemented?

2020-05-20, 17:35:05
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There's no converter from V-Ray to Corona in C4D at the moment, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-05-20, 19:20:43
Reply #2

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
There is "Convert Scene" in Corona V5 menu.

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2020-05-20, 19:55:55
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
But it doesn't convert from V-Ray, only from native C4D.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-05-20, 22:39:28
Reply #4

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Here is test file... with Vray basic material.

Here it works.... give a try.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2020-05-21, 01:34:02
Reply #5

djstevanovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is test file... with Vray basic material.

Here it works.... give a try.

It doesn't convert properly, unusable totaly with vray. Add for example layer in diffuse channel than add texture + color overlay, you'll end up with black diffuse in corona, and so on...

2020-05-21, 05:23:04
Reply #6

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It doesn't convert properly, unusable totaly with vray. Add for example layer in diffuse channel than add texture + color overlay, you'll end up with black diffuse in corona, and so on...
Same with C4D materials and layer shaders.
It is not perfect, yet it helps!
I usually do an automatic conversion, copy all original C4D/Vray materials over, place them next to their converted counterparts and start a manual adaptation. It saves time, because I already have the full number of Corona material, most channels needed are already active (and some even work already!) and I can copy over from the original material what I need to the converted Corona material.
It is not something I love doing, but creating all materials from scratch is far more tedious.

2020-05-22, 01:17:36
Reply #7

djstevanovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same with C4D materials and layer shaders.
It is not perfect, yet it helps!
I usually do an automatic conversion, copy all original C4D/Vray materials over, place them next to their converted counterparts and start a manual adaptation. It saves time, because I already have the full number of Corona material, most channels needed are already active (and some even work already!) and I can copy over from the original material what I need to the converted Corona material.
It is not something I love doing, but creating all materials from scratch is far more tedious.

Sure, that's the way i use it, it helps a little.. Im just a bit sad that i see collegue near me load vray scene in max and click convert and its ready to render in corona and im making almost all from scratch(materials, lighting).. Also they have built in material library, good start to create any complex material, and if i want that i must buy siger shaders for example, thats +165e

2021-12-15, 23:03:28
Reply #8

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any official update, or statement from Chaos as to why this hasn't been made possible yet for C4D?