Author Topic: Audi RS5 Sportback Interior Shots  (Read 4614 times)

2019-08-04, 13:12:15

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello hello,

since Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D got some new features like the Viewport Rendering. Corona got many things we all are profiting from so it makes even more fun to play arround with the lighting and shading.

What do you guys think about this work?

2019-08-05, 08:17:58
Reply #1

Roman Divoky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hi,
I absolutely love it! Really awesome work, man!
I'd really appreciate if you could share with us a bit from your workflow (materials, lighting, etc...)?
Did you model the whole interior or is it a cad model?

2019-08-09, 14:40:50
Reply #2

kosso_olli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good work, although I can spot numerous shading errors resulting from bad mapping. Most of the time these models got incorrect UV layouts, and you can see this in the image in several places.
For my taste, the suede leather on the steering looks a little rough.
The V-Ray guy checking out Corona...

https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

2019-08-09, 17:19:24
Reply #3

vedat.afuzi.design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Olli,

thanks a lot dude. You are so right. I know exactly what you mean and thats true. Many models from Audi have a uv mapping which is crap. But on some surfaces I did some triplanar mapping and it doesn't look bad though. About the alcantara leather it might be too rough. I did a research for that and found many pictures and to be honest I made it my way. I like it when you can feel the roughness on this material (in real life).

Hey Roman,

thanks so much. My workflow isn't so complicated. I start my shading with a natural studio HDRI. After that I add/change some light sources. Mainly I use spotlights or disc lights with a directional value of 0.4-0.6 (when value 1 is 100%). Of course I use the Interactive Rendering for a better workflow. The most important part is to know where you want to go with your rendering. You need to know what's your goal at the end. Take some references and try to imitate or make it even better. I mostly try to avoid to work with include/exclude objects for lights. I learned a lot from car photography tutorials on YouTube. That is the best what you can do nowadays. I hope your question is answered quiet a bit.