Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 61797 times)

2019-07-05, 01:01:38
Reply #15

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey Guys - ive requested before but hopefully its gets looked at - for corona image editor - it would be awesome to have the ability to copy the image straight from the frame buffer (so we can copy and paste in photoshop for instance)

2019-07-05, 16:37:18
Reply #16

mvstudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
- for corona image editor - it would be awesome to have the ability to copy the image straight from the frame buffer (so we can copy and paste in photoshop for instance) x2 :D

2019-07-05, 19:12:58
Reply #17

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi, this is already implemented and will be available soon in v5 dailies. ;-)
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2019-07-05, 21:07:19
Reply #18

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any hopes of getting "small" improvements like:

- show highlight and shadow clipping in VFB ( https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23675.msg143917#msg143917 )
- In-camera copy camera settings (tonemapping & postprocessing) to render settings and vice-versa ( https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22943.msg143921#msg143921 )
- Camera lister

Thanks guys!

2019-07-06, 10:18:52
Reply #19

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, this is already implemented and will be available soon in v5 dailies. ;-)

awesome thanks :)

2019-07-06, 10:19:37
Reply #20

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 and also for light lister - to instance the lights.  It can get busy very quickly.
Any hopes of getting "small" improvements like:

- show highlight and shadow clipping in VFB ( https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23675.msg143917#msg143917 )
- In-camera copy camera settings (tonemapping & postprocessing) to render settings and vice-versa ( https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22943.msg143921#msg143921 )
- Camera lister

Thanks guys!

2019-07-08, 18:17:53
Reply #21

Creative Lighting

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Creative Lighting
Some improvements that we would like to see in Corona 5 :)

Lights, LightMix
- Option to save/load LightMix per Camera
- LightMix - "Swap" feature for colors, not just copy
- Color palettes for LightMix, option to save and load them back at anytime
- Right-click LightMix items to rename lights
- Support for negative light values in Standard 3ds Max lights ("painting with shadows" - like in scanline renderer)
- Compare different post-processing, LightMix with the VFB history (Corona VFB and CIE)
- LightMix - Add self-illuminated objects as LightMix items

IR
- Lock IR resolution

Toolbar, Lister
- List light instances as a single item in the lister

Corona Cameras
- Diffrent resolution and image aspect per camera

Other
- Inverse gamma spinner in Corona BItmap
- Noise level is sometimes inconsistent
- "Stats" tab in CIE
- Masking objects behind refractive glass
- Preserve opacity in scene material overrides
- Slicer/clipper - Ability to control the "inside" material (edge of the sliced object)

Thanks,
Nikos

2019-07-09, 09:24:12
Reply #22

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-07-09, 15:31:03
Reply #23

Creative Lighting

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Creative Lighting
Yeah, I have it as well :)

It's a great script but it would be awesome the Corona Camera to have it implement it.

Camera lister would be very useful as well, I forgot to add it on my list yesterday.

2019-07-15, 11:13:38
Reply #24

effilang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some improvements that we would like to see in Corona 5 :)

Lights, LightMix
- Option to save/load LightMix per Camera
- LightMix - "Swap" feature for colors, not just copy
- Color palettes for LightMix, option to save and load them back at anytime
- Right-click LightMix items to rename lights
- Support for negative light values in Standard 3ds Max lights ("painting with shadows" - like in scanline renderer)
- Compare different post-processing, LightMix with the VFB history (Corona VFB and CIE)
- LightMix - Add self-illuminated objects as LightMix items

IR
- Lock IR resolution

Toolbar, Lister
- List light instances as a single item in the lister

Corona Cameras
- Diffrent resolution and image aspect per camera

Other
- Inverse gamma spinner in Corona BItmap
- Noise level is sometimes inconsistent
- "Stats" tab in CIE
- Masking objects behind refractive glass
- Preserve opacity in scene material overrides
- Slicer/clipper - Ability to control the "inside" material (edge of the sliced object)

Thanks,
Nikos

All this, please!

2019-07-19, 02:01:47
Reply #25

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona team

I saw on your roadmap that you've done memory optimisations (up to 87%) - are you able to elaborate on what that means specifically?  Like, if a job takes up 40gig ram, does that mean it would save up to 85% of the ram?  Main reason I ask as Im getting a new workstation soon and not sure whether to get 64 or 128 gig of RAM.  If such savings of ram occur across the board, then i dont see why anyone would need more than 32gig of ram

Its complete so is a daily expected soon?

Looking forward to this.

2019-07-19, 11:02:16
Reply #26

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
I would not base any buy/not buy decision on information like this :)

The memory savings are mostly in better handling of scene geometry, so if most of your memory is now taken by textures, you will not see much benefit from this particular optimization (although we plan to optimize texture memory usage as well).

From my experience, any additional RAM is never wasted. It will just allow you to make bigger scenes, higher resolution textures, higher resolution renders, etc. :)

And yes, we'd like to do the first v5 daily build quite soon.

2019-07-19, 17:33:18
Reply #27

JViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Hi Corona team

I saw on your roadmap that you've done memory optimisations (up to 87%) - are you able to elaborate on what that means specifically?  Like, if a job takes up 40gig ram, does that mean it would save up to 85% of the ram?  Main reason I ask as Im getting a new workstation soon and not sure whether to get 64 or 128 gig of RAM.  If such savings of ram occur across the board, then i dont see why anyone would need more than 32gig of ram

Looking forward to this.

is the 85% saving in geometry? if it is then well textures still take a huge amounts of memory that's your reference right there
Although a purist, my work is anything but.
https://www.behance.net/ImageInnate

2019-07-19, 18:52:17
Reply #28

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
85% happens in specific situation where high UVW channels are used. Regular scenes can expect 15-30% RAM reduction, based on how heavy the geometry is. If you are using higher UVW channels, you can expect 50-85%.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-07-24, 06:41:26
Reply #29

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona team

Looking forward to this.

I just rendered a 24000 pixels wide image, 128 GB were barely enough, and the 96 GB ram on my render farm were not enough the nodes crapped out. this is after deleting most of what I can live without in the scene. The image rendered for 10 hrs then backburner timed out had to restart so I tweaked the time out timing to be 7000 hrs but this time it crashed a couple of times. I ended up sending it in slices and it used up to 60+ GB ram but I was able to use the render farm.
I am looking at those new 32GB sticks that Corsair launched. you never know when a client will want a 6 meters high billboard.