Author Topic: DR Issue - Vanishing Objects  (Read 5265 times)

2014-11-07, 06:56:55

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

Having a bit of a strange issue using DR. I have everything set up properly as far as assets being in readable locations for the network and the DR Servers are all installed and working. When I render using DR the speed is great,
 no hangs or anything but after about 30 passes a few of my tree proxys start to vanish (opacity drops down to perhaps 30%). I have never seen this before and was hoping if anyone could office any ideas? As mentioned, all map
and model locations are in the right place and DR seems to be working great except for my vanishing trees. I am running a test at the moment having reimported the trees again and left un- proxied and the seem to be working as they
should. Perhaps the issue is with the proxy and not DR....but other proxies in the scene are working fine.

Any help would be great. Will post a pic soon.

Cheers guys

2014-11-07, 07:17:34
Reply #1

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Update: The issue might be in the material? Just applied a clay material and it seemed to render out fine. Has anyone experienced any difficulties with DR and translucency or anything? Im using pretty basic maps for my trees and have never ha d an issue with them in the past.

2014-11-08, 03:22:26
Reply #2

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
*further update. Doesn't seem to be the materials. I created a new set of trees and a new set of proxies for them, copied materials from trees that are working as proxies in the scene and re rendered only to have the same results. I'm back to think thins is a proxy issue. Any help/suggestions would be really appreciated guys. I would love to get corona working perfectly in the studio (not just my local machine). Would be really interested to hear set up/workflow form anyone who has successfully implemented corona across an entire office (+5 workstations and 20 nodes and counting here)

2014-11-08, 04:15:57
Reply #3

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
*last update.

Re merged new trees again (this time not proxied) and same issue. As the passes increase, the transparency increases with it, at least that's the best way I can describe it. Rendering it locally now as I have 7 more images to get out for this project and have wasted 2 days trying to truobleshoot this thing. Any and all suggestions would be truly appreciated guys.

2014-11-08, 18:27:20
Reply #4

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
I have read somewhere on the forum something about vanishing models.
There the problem was something with the materials.
Maybe here aswell?

2014-11-09, 23:18:43
Reply #5

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I thought this may have been the case too, but it would appear perhaps not. It's also only an issue when using multiple machines. I will run further tests today to try and isolate the issue somehow. Thanks for the reply belly, ill keep my results posted here.

2014-11-10, 00:26:44
Reply #6

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, if it is a material issue, any suggestions on what might be causing it? Opacity map? Single sided/thin material? Translucency? Refraction?

Cheers Guys,

Mark

2014-11-10, 07:21:00
Reply #7

Ando

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a stab in the dark here.
Have you tried using only one or two of slave machines instead of the full farm?

2014-11-10, 15:17:04
Reply #8

duke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To me it looks like a problem with your slave nodes. Maybe they could not reach the path to that contains the disappearing objects/textures. Check the path of your assets - textures, xrefs, proxies and make sure it points to a folder that all machines have access to.

2014-11-10, 15:46:47
Reply #9

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Looks like my dr problem in some ways, I have brighter parts of an image when using dr on some projects
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,5170.0.html

2014-11-10, 22:05:16
Reply #10

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@modern_babylon
are the trees proxy objects?

If yes, are those proxy files reacheable byt all the nodes?

It's a shot in the dark, but maybe this could be the problem, if one node cannot render the trees and you mix up all the render from all the nodes, you may get this kind of result I think.

Cheers.

2014-11-11, 07:42:37
Reply #11

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm trying a fresh install of Corona,Dr Server and reboot on the nodes. The pathing is 100% ok for all. I will triple check it again but its all working for vray from the same locations. Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming when you have any...I will update as I test more things.

2014-11-13, 14:42:39
Reply #12

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New tests with a stripped back scene (sample scene of the farnsworth house/skydomes from vizpark) running a single workstation and 1 node. The new scene is the house model with a simple clay mat (no maps) and an HDRI for lighting. Pathing for the HDRI is correct and the scene runs no problem with vray/vray slaves. DR runs correctly for about 50 passes until the node dumps the exr and resumes rendering again at pass 0 while the workstation continues as normal. Once the exr is dumped by the node, a darker strip appears on the vfb which looks a little like a gamma issue...but we have run some scripts to try and trouble shoot this and the problem is always replicated (tried other nodes and other workstations with the same results).

Pretty sure we have eliminated the material paths/proxy paths being the issue by using the new test scene. Its also safe to say the issue inst related to a bad node or workstation as its replicated with alternate nodes and workstation combinations. One thing I would like to ascertain is when we run the DR server as admin, does it have to be TRUE admin to work, or can it be a user with admin rights? Sorry if this is a silly question but i'm almost out of ideas.

Also tried a fresh instal of 7.1 on all workstations and nodes (original post for this thread was done with A7) but the result remains the same. Leaving the image render over night in the hope that more passes will help clear it up doesn't really help either. Final image sometimes have the strips, others are clean, but usually darker that if the image was rendered locally. Im sure figuring out the reason for the strips will solve the the vanishing objects issue also...i hope. Thanks to everyone thus far for the suggestions. Desperate to get DR running smoothly, its beginning to be a bit of an issue in the studio.

2014-12-03, 01:17:50
Reply #13

Ando

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How did you go resolving the issue?