Author Topic: Final testing  (Read 6016 times)

2013-11-27, 15:03:46

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A couple of images in a set i'm working on at the moment. Pt + HD with a few tweaks but still very standard. Corona is now my primary renderer for everything and have no intention in changing back.

2013-12-05, 00:32:02
Reply #1

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I've had a couple of messages asking about settings so i thought i'd share.

Here is a screen shot of the settings I change. The parts highlighted in red is ALL if change from the default settings.

A couple of quick notes also:

This scene was lit with the HDRI in the environment slot only (no other lights/corona sun or anything else)

I rendered each image for 300 frames. They took between 3 and 5 hours on my machine (dual xeon 8 core) but were pretty noise free after 200 frames.

Each image was 3000p along its longest edge (so either 3000p wide at 1:2 aspects ratio OR 3000p tall at 0.9 aspect ratio.

Pretty much all my materials are simple defuse + reflect maps. I have used a bump in some of them but only on VERY low settings. I find if the material maps are high quality enough you don't need much bump (if any) for them to look nice.

That's pretty much it...very simple I know but it seems to work. Coming from mental ray in the past I would spend ages on all of my settings (especially lighting) and then just as long in post trying to make everything work together. Now, I don't have to do that anymore and can spend a lot more time on modeling/materials and know that everything else is going to work fine.

I have put the rest of this set and I will post more of the stuff I am working on at the moment on mt Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Modern-Babylon/417177578405515?ref=hl

Cheers,

Mark

2013-12-05, 00:44:44
Reply #2

sbrusse

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You're using a VrayHDRI in corona?
Interesting, I didn't knew this would actually work...

2013-12-05, 01:07:35
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
of course it does ;) Some corona maps also work with other renderers
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-12-05, 01:07:55
Reply #4

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi sbrusse,

It's just for positioning the HDRI in the spot I want a little easier. It's all corona from there. Pretty sure I read this little tip in an early forum post.

It works for me :)

Cheers

2013-12-05, 01:09:27
Reply #5

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
of course it does ;) Some corona maps also work with other renderers

Of course they do ;)

2013-12-05, 04:27:30
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am not only using VrayHDRi but also VrayCamera because of it's easy vertical&horizontal offset stuff :- D Works like charm and I am happy it does ! Incredibly smart move
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-12-05, 05:59:53
Reply #7

sbrusse

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice!

That's some awesome tips ;-)

Should we have a topic listing all the bridge tips that are working the same way?

Oh those news opens a new area of happiness for me ;-)

Stan

2013-12-05, 06:16:27
Reply #8

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad to hear it Stan, and nice tip on the vray camera too Juraj

Cheers guys

Mark

2013-12-05, 10:32:29
Reply #9

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Nice!
That's some awesome tips ;-)
Should we have a topic listing all the bridge tips that are working the same way?
Oh those news opens a new area of happiness for me ;-)
Stan
Yes we all need it... a new thing I've learned today is that the VRayPhys cam is working (for the vertical&horizontal offset)... thanks (again ! I'm surely preparing a lot of "thanks" for you in the future) Juraj...
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2013-12-05, 12:36:02
Reply #10

marcoshl23

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nice job and good quality