Author Topic: 2nd Trial Run  (Read 4559 times)

2013-11-17, 03:07:56

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi again,

Just another quick post with the results of my 2nd trial image with Corona. Still a long way to go figuring out optimal settings but again, I'm so impressed with the initial results. Very little post in this image again (unlike my normal mental ray workflow which requires LOTS) and to be honest, the considerable realism of the results of the raw render make the parts done in post really noticeable. Next step is to play around with self illuminating/emitting materials. Any suggesting or C and C are more than welcome.

Thanks

2013-11-17, 03:14:01
Reply #1

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Forgot to mention,

PT + HDCache rendered for 500 passes (just to see what an 8 hour cycle would do)

2013-11-17, 03:39:10
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Mark ;- ) What's up with the nickname ?

I kept studying that cat for good 2 minutes :- D Fits there greatly. Good to see you like the initial tests, pretty good result.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-11-17, 04:13:09
Reply #3

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Juraj,

Thanks, the cat came together pretty well in my opinion too :) I'm really pleased with the testing. I went crazy with the accessories here, but I blame the convertor for making it too easy and I'm still seeing how certain converted materials react. In saying that, I do like how simple corona materials are and how nice they look with very minor adjustment.

The nickname is something I stole from an old Method Man & Pete Rock song from years ago (I'm a 90's hip hop guy). I have used if ever since college and it seemed to fit pretty well with arch viz so I just ran with it.

Thanks for asking.

Mark :)

2013-11-17, 06:18:28
Reply #4

skinny_santa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
that dog took my night sleeps @___@

the blanket looks great ( and everything else too :D )

will next time i be able to see a color full amazing thing ? haha :P

that cat looks great
cutout and integrated ? or mesh @@ ?

just a little critic  , maybe it's just me , that black and white wallpaper design makes it hard to focus on the accesoris , books etc .
using corona before it was cool :3

2013-11-17, 07:28:44
Reply #5

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi skinny_santa,

The wallpaper (actually tiles) had to be there as this image is part of a set I have been working on for a local designer for a set of tiles they have created. Had it been a non commissioned work, I would definitely have left it plain as you suggested.

The cat is a 2d, and was surprisingly easy to integrate, normally I find it a bit tricky to get the contact shadows looking good.

As for the dog....he stays :)

Cheers for taking the time to have a look.

M

2013-11-17, 08:00:03
Reply #6

skinny_santa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yeah clients and their requirements  :| i have them

using corona before it was cool :3

2013-11-17, 10:26:58
Reply #7

mykola1985

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow How's beautiful that cat...... O-O!!! I love it! :)

2013-11-19, 04:28:20
Reply #8

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks mykola :)

It's from a Viz People pack if I remember correctly.