Author Topic: 3ds Max 2015 released  (Read 42908 times)

2014-03-19, 11:22:48
Reply #1

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not been released yet.

EDIT: Merely had it's features announced, from which you can infer that it is not far off.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-19, 11:26:57 by zzubnik »

2014-03-19, 15:04:31
Reply #2

XSPACE

...and it´s a boring update. Same old interface and nothing special. They created an "one pager!" for the new functions and one of them is a better chamfer tool?!? Are they crazy? This is a service pack for me. Further they want to force you to pay for an Enertainment Suite with Maya,Mudbox... If you need it o.k. if not bad.

I am really nerved about the Autodesk money maker politics. I will continue to work with 2014 and discontinue my upgrades after 20 years.

B.T.W. Corona is very nice and easy o use renderer. Usually I use Vray but on my computer at my office I just startet to create some quick images for layouts. Easy to use. Fast. Great qualitity. Thanks. I hope I don´t need a subscription to use it in the future ;)

Cheers Thomas

2014-03-19, 21:46:15
Reply #3

blouck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the plugins for 3dsmax 2013,2014 doesn't work Under 2015. :(

2014-03-19, 21:58:44
Reply #4

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the plugins for 3dsmax 2013,2014 doesn't work Under 2015. :(

All plugins will need to be recompiled. I take it you downloaded the trial when it mistakenly became available today?

2014-03-19, 23:20:40
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
All I will say is that I have the 2015 plugin up and ready to go. But I am not sure if the NDA allows me to release it, so I will just do so after they release the 3dsmax to public.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-19, 23:29:10
Reply #6

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
All I will say is that I have the 2015 plugin up and ready to go. But I am not sure if the NDA allows me to release it, so I will just do so after they release the 3dsmax to public.

I read the NDA, it's fine, just send them to me ;)

2014-03-21, 07:06:06
Reply #7

hglr123

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's great news Ondra!
Waiting for release of Corona for 3ds max 2015! :)

BR!

2014-03-21, 21:39:59
Reply #8

Bubar

• Users
    • View Profile
The final version is out now 3D max 2015. It would like to start their work with the new release of the Crown and the new release of Max.

2014-03-21, 22:10:55
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Cracked leak does not count.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-23, 06:21:03
Reply #10

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But will a file heavily Coronared will be able to open under 2015 without too much drama ?
Or it is better to wait the OFFICIAL launch to start the scene under 2015 ?

Just asking... not saying I do have a leaked one :) lol

2014-03-24, 12:06:00
Reply #11

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
3ds max 2015 is officially out, hope to see a corona version soon?

2014-03-24, 13:39:17
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
3ds max 2015 is officially out, hope to see a corona version soon?

Link? ;) I cannot find the announcement, and the download page still says "2015 will be available soon"

2014-03-24, 14:40:48
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You look at wrong place. Dont you know that autodesk officially releases software on piratebay first :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-03-24, 15:01:32
Reply #14

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Max 2015 has been announced, but not released, as of today.

There was a brief accidental leak of the trial on the Autodesk website, and a beta tester has leaked info. That is all at the moment (I haven't checked TPB).

2014-03-24, 15:13:38
Reply #15

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Beside warez topic, any opinion about the futur death of 3dsMax, or not, from this announcement ?
Comments on web are rather pretty bad.

2014-03-24, 15:53:08
Reply #16

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been told that there are no current plans to kill Max. Max is the current best selling 3d software, it has the most users, Autodesk is not going to kill it just yet.

2014-03-24, 16:07:44
Reply #17

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been told that there are no current plans to kill Max. Max is the current best selling 3d software, it has the most users, Autodesk is not going to kill it just yet.

That is true, but Softimage users were told the exact same thing not long ago

2014-03-24, 16:14:41
Reply #18

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That is very true, but Softimage had a tiny user base compared to Max. Max has a larger user base than even Maya.

However, that fact remains true. Softimage users were lied to, after years of little development.

Autodesk have done a lot of damage to their reputation in recent years, but people are still buying the software.

2014-03-24, 18:35:42
Reply #19

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes but why did they created 3dsmax Designer then ?
According to some opinions AD will probably split in Maya for animation, fx ... and Designer for Archiviz.
Some are saying as well that most of 3ds will be yet written in Singapore .. a bit like Softimage a while ago...

Comments on that thread were anyway very unhappy but (eventually) informative : http://www.maxunderground.com/archives/20745_3ds_max_2015_features.html
« Last Edit: 2014-03-24, 18:39:23 by Utroll »

2014-03-24, 19:21:26
Reply #20

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes but why did they created 3dsmax Designer then ?
According to some opinions AD will probably split in Maya for animation, fx ... and Designer for Archiviz.
Some are saying as well that most of 3ds will be yet written in Singapore .. a bit like Softimage a while ago...

Comments on that thread were anyway very unhappy but (eventually) informative : http://www.maxunderground.com/archives/20745_3ds_max_2015_features.html

There always was a product aimed at archvis. It used to be called Viz. It is true that there is a team in Singapore working on parts of Max they are only part of the team though.

2014-03-24, 22:01:53
Reply #21

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So Ondra,
Corona 2014 A6 scenes will be compatible with 2015 ?

Thanks,

Tang

2014-03-24, 22:22:53
Reply #22

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I hate these yearly releases, I think they're pure shit!

2014-03-24, 22:23:21
Reply #23

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
100% Pure!

2014-03-24, 23:34:14
Reply #24

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
So Ondra,
Corona 2014 A6 scenes will be compatible with 2015 ?

Thanks,

Tang

yes

2014-03-25, 00:07:18
Reply #25

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
"You look at wrong place. Dont you know that autodesk officially releases software on piratebay first :]"

Yeah just make claims....   

All the trial versions for maya2015, 3ds max 2015, mudbox 2015 etc is freely available on autodesks servers, if you have a license you can activate them like normal. It's out! get over it and realize autodesk isn't the fastest company to send out emails.

max 2015 trial:
http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/3DSMAX/DLM/Autodesk_3ds_Max_2015_EFGJKS_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe

max design 2015 trial:
http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/MAXDES/DLM/Autodesk_3ds_Max_Design_2015_EFGJKS_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe

So just because autodesk doesn't update their website instantly, doesn't mean they have given the public access.  These are not pirated or illegal in any way.

Edit: So can we please oh please have a corona render for max 2015 now? :D
« Last Edit: 2014-03-25, 00:42:25 by snakebox »

2014-03-25, 05:12:33
Reply #26

tanguybod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Ondra !

2014-03-25, 05:34:22
Reply #27

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
"You look at wrong place. Dont you know that autodesk officially releases software on piratebay first :]"

All the trial versions for maya2015, 3ds max 2015, mudbox 2015 etc is freely available on autodesks servers, if you have a license you can activate them like normal. It's out! get over it and realize autodesk isn't the fastest company to send out emails.

max 2015 trial:
http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/3DSMAX/DLM/Autodesk_3ds_Max_2015_EFGJKS_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe

max design 2015 trial:
http://trial.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/MAXDES/DLM/Autodesk_3ds_Max_Design_2015_EFGJKS_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe

So just because autodesk doesn't update their website instantly, doesn't mean they have given the public access.  These are not pirated or illegal in any way.

why the first link gives me " File not found."  all the time ?

2014-03-25, 06:02:07
Reply #28

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

max 2015 trial:

max design 2015 trial:

why the first link gives me " File not found."  all the time ?

Good question, Maybe AD is changing the paths. I have seen other reports that the links for max, maya and a few others jump between online/offline.  the last post at a different forum they said max design was down too, but that seems to be up for me right now.  Chances are that the links were data-mined by people, and that AD is swapping things around to prepare on their website. Who knows.

2014-03-25, 09:48:03
Reply #29

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
.  Chances are that the links were data-mined by people, and that AD is swapping things around to prepare on their website. Who knows.

This is exactly the case, and what you are seeing here is not necessarily the final build.

2014-03-25, 11:10:06
Reply #30

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
.  Chances are that the links were data-mined by people, and that AD is swapping things around to prepare on their website. Who knows.

This is exactly the case, and what you are seeing here is not necessarily the final build.

Heh, in a far away theoretical build number flame war, you are right... in theory it could be, that it's not the final build... but I tell you, it is :)  and will be.   always has been, and they done compile trials for 30 different software packages to then update them 1 week later.

My point is, there is 0 reason not to start trying to support 2015 from corona renders point of view, because they know exactly what they need to, and most likely have for quite a while. I assume they work with autodesk and therefor have access to earlier builds through out the year.

Anyway, I don't want to start a war about stupid build numbers etc.  Get it, use it if you want, if not wait...

Looking forward to a corona 2015 build. 

2014-03-25, 11:27:30
Reply #31

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Heh, in a far away theoretical build number flame war, you are right... in theory it could be, that it's not the final build... but I tell you, it is :)  and will be.   always has been, and they done compile trials for 30 different software packages to then update them 1 week later.

My point is, there is 0 reason not to start trying to support 2015 from corona renders point of view, because they know exactly what they need to, and most likely have for quite a while. I assume they work with autodesk and therefor have access to earlier builds through out the year.

Anyway, I don't want to start a war about stupid build numbers etc.  Get it, use it if you want, if not wait...

Corona's makers might be under an NDA to not release 2015 SDK compiled files until the release

« Last Edit: 2014-03-25, 11:41:10 by zzubnik »

2014-03-25, 18:49:39
Reply #32

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile

If it's the final release, can you show us the placement tool  and the other new features in screenshots since you got it installed if possible ?

2014-03-25, 19:00:55
Reply #33

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If it's the final release, can you show us the placement tool  and the other new features in screenshots since you got it installed if possible ?

As much as I appreciate your trolling, I am asking everybody NOT to post NDA-protected stuff here.

2014-03-25, 22:29:08
Reply #34

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile

As much as I appreciate your trolling, I am asking everybody NOT to post NDA-protected stuff here.

lol yeah you're right ( i meant in pm not here ), i feel it's not the final anyway people just should wait for the official trial.

2014-03-26, 00:19:18
Reply #35

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

You guys really don't know how Autodesk rolls do you ?  and yes I can show you those things, because I do have the 30 day trial installed.. but it looks like the moderators would rather be without, even then there is no NDA on this.   But I don't care if you don't think it's the final or not, it makes 0 difference to me. So I will leave it all at this and you can all wait for as long as you want. Have a good weekend everyone.

2014-03-26, 01:12:16
Reply #36

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You guys really don't know how Autodesk rolls do you ?  and yes I can show you those things, because I do have the 30 day trial installed.. but it looks like the moderators would rather be without, even then there is no NDA on this.   But I don't care if you don't think it's the final or not, it makes 0 difference to me. So I will leave it all at this and you can all wait for as long as you want. Have a good weekend everyone.

Lol.

I think you should just wait and you will get what you want soon enough.

2014-04-01, 11:22:59
Reply #37

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
I heard some rumors:..................14th of April

2014-04-02, 08:46:12
Reply #38

Bubar

• Users
    • View Profile
Bureaucracy!

2014-04-15, 05:38:53
Reply #39

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
So now max is "officially" released what ever people think that means. But to those denying max has been out as final for weeks, it's now OUT also on autodesks website and in the subscription center.

Trial here:
http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-3ds-max/free-trial

Maxunderground write about it here:
http://www.maxunderground.com/archives/20946_3ds_max_2015_released.html

2014-04-15, 09:45:24
Reply #40

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since it's officially out now..... Iz I can has max 2015 Corona plz? :)

2014-04-15, 14:46:32
Reply #41

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, I'll make daily build immediately and stable release in ~ 1 month horizon

2014-04-16, 03:21:07
Reply #42

Sintel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OMG, I thought you had completed version for 3ds Max 2015, and just wait for 3ds Max 2015 official release
« Last Edit: 2014-04-16, 07:57:00 by Sintel »

2014-04-16, 09:43:24
Reply #43

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks. I'll have to start using the daily builds now if I want to keep rendering!

2014-04-23, 10:57:42
Reply #44

EmNem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, as I saw not I am the only one, who had serious problems with Autodesk upgrades and they 'moneymaker' policy. I was notified by our former reseller from upgrade changes... After being a user for almost 20 years I decided  not to go with Autodesk anymore. Of course I keep my existing license, but no upgrades until a fair and ethical business policy. There are so much things are changing in the industry in these times; as Corona is obviously (for me at least) the biggest challenger for VRay, then something could change in the market of the main 3d packages, too.

2014-06-20, 10:36:01
Reply #45

milad93

• Users
    • View Profile
well, there are lots of improvements over version 3.0.3  in 3.0.7 which is compatible with 3dsmax 2015. the demo version is available , however still waiting for cracked version ! thanks

(user was banned for this post)
« Last Edit: 2014-06-20, 11:12:55 by Keymaster »

2014-06-20, 12:51:23
Reply #46

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well, there are lots of improvements over version 3.0.3  in 3.0.7 which is compatible with 3dsmax 2015. the demo version is available , however still waiting for cracked version ! thanks

(user was banned for this post)

Ouch!
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray