Author Topic: Interactive Render Causing MAX to Hang 1.7 and 1.7 HF2  (Read 1769 times)

2018-01-16, 19:42:42

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this issue has been discussed, or if it's isolated to my hardware. I haven't experienced this on my work computer which is a dual Xeon workstation, but just my personal computer, which has a Ryzen 7 CPU.

Anyway, I have been able to replicate this issue in multiple scenes, both new files, or merged scenes. I have experienced the issue both on 1.7 and 1.7 HF2. When I have a scatter, either Corona or Forest Pack, my interactive render locks up my session of MAX constantly bringing up the round busy circle and MAX constantly will say not responding in the taskbar, then flash back to the IR, only to remain in a constant busy spin, where i'm unable to click in MAX or stop the IR. Then the cycle repeats. This forces me to close out of the session entirely. It's as if it's constantly restarting/parsing on loop but the duration of these not responding/busy cycles is the same regardless of the scene.

This issue only started within the last couple days and I haven't noticed anything that may be causing this. Am I the only one experiencing such issues or is this a common bug?

2018-01-17, 10:32:06
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you please send us a minidump generated during this "freeze"? Here is how to do it: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
Also, any scene where this is happening would be helpful. Even if it's just a plane and a Corona Scatter with teapots scattered. You can upload it using this link: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Thanks to these two things we should be able to find out what the problem is.

We've had some similar reports, but so far we are not able to tell what might be causing this. The users who reported this usually stop responding after some time, which might suggest that they managed to get rid of this, and just do not care to share the solution with anyone else.

Right now, after reading your description, one thing that comes to my mind is a Windows Update messing something up. Could it be it?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-17, 10:48:18
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
When I have a scatter, either Corona or Forest Pack

Just to be sure: Is there also any Laubwerk stuff involved?

Am I the only one experiencing such issues or is this a common bug?

You are not alone. Had this twice lately, exactly like you described it. I could not find the cause or create/simplify a scene to send so far, but I will create a minidump for sure next time.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-01-17, 14:51:32
Reply #3

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru, I'll grab a minidump this evening.

Frood, there isn't any Laubwerk stuff involved.

2018-01-22, 16:27:26
Reply #4

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just an update: I haven't found a fix for this issue, but I also haven't experienced it again lately. I'm working on a pretty serious project and have tried to avoid the scenario at all costs to prevent unnecessary slow downs. Once the issue comes up again, I'll post the minidump.