Author Topic: Maxscript exposure of System settings > # of Threads  (Read 1996 times)

2018-05-20, 12:27:44

OccultMonk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can't find the Maxscript variable for setting System settings > # of Threads. I looked at the documentation, but I can't find how to access system settings. I would like to be able to set the number of threads used by corona with Maxscript. I can only find dr_numThreads which seems to set the maximum used threads for distributed rendering.

2018-05-22, 14:25:42
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
already requested, will be added. Not possible right now.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-05-23, 17:54:36
Reply #2

OccultMonk

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-05-24, 11:50:41
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
When do you think?
Sorry, but I do not want to try with any estimates. There are certainly more urgent things to add/fix already.

2018-05-25, 05:45:25
Reply #4

OccultMonk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I only need access to nr of CPU threads, not any of the other system settings. You have already provided access to distributed CPU threads for remote rendering so it would make sense to expose at least the local CPU thread variable too. I still hope you could maybe make some time, please :-)  I think it might be a very small amount of work, but it would be extremely useful for me!

2018-11-01, 18:00:39
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maxscript access for the system-wide settings has been added and will be available in the upcoming daily builds of Corona and the final V3 release.
Thank you for your patience!