Author Topic: lightmix - lights values  (Read 432 times)

2024-01-31, 10:25:20

UkanGrilse

• Users
    • View Profile
If I add new lights and click on lightmix my existing values are going back to default. Even if I save the lightmix preset, After loading it, creating an issues with the existing light color temperature and values. Basically values of the lights are exchanged.
Is there any way to tackle this, apart from adding lights manually in render elements.
Thanks and regards

2024-01-31, 10:28:03
Reply #1

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can bake the intensity and color values to the scene lights, before pressing lightmix again.

But yeah, a less cumbersome option to add or remove lights from Lightmix would be great.

2024-02-16, 17:45:45
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
LightMix "remembering" old values used to be the default behavior in Corona 4 and older. We understand that this is not always wanted and we have it logged for the devs to review.

(Internal ID=421815413)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-02-16, 17:54:57
Reply #3

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can bake the intensity and color values to the scene lights, before pressing lightmix again.

But yeah, a less cumbersome option to add or remove lights from Lightmix would be great.

This option has it's limitations as the warning says it's braking instancing between the lights, which makes baking pretty much unusable if you have a more complex setup.
We prefered the old handling of lightmix remembering previous values, even though it had been producing some wrong results if extra lights were added in the meantime.