Author Topic: TRanslucency Element thru glass  (Read 1035 times)

2023-07-24, 23:19:30

MESTRE BIGA

• Users
    • View Profile
I cant see th object in Translucency Element thru glass if I am using a Physical Material what does not occur when the material applyed is legacy material. Is there a workaround in physical mtl that does work?

Thanks

2023-07-26, 16:27:16
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

So here is what I found:
• Legacy and Physical material, with full refraction, no thin mode - they act the same, meaning objects which contribute to CESSENTIAL_Translucency render element are NOT visible through objects which have mentioned materials applied
• Legacy and Physical material, with full refraction, with Thin mode - they act different, meaning objects which contribute to CESSENTIAL_Translucency render element are visible through LegacyMtl and not through PhysicalMtl.

Is this exactly what you are referring to? The Thin mode option is the key here I think.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-07-28, 21:26:28
Reply #2

MESTRE BIGA

• Users
    • View Profile

2023-08-02, 14:35:17
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Perhaps enabling mask propagation would be the solution here? https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528327507729
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-08-16, 12:55:39
Reply #4

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Mask propagation does not help here, there is a difference between Physical and Legacy materials on how they treat thin mode glass for Translucency render element, which may be expected for Physical material.

Nevertheless, this is reported now.
(Internal ID=1184329281)
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-11-26, 13:04:32
Reply #5

yc8892856

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This problem was discovered when I just upgraded to version 10. When coronaLegacyMtl adjusts the glass material to render animations, there will be random frame loss refraction or reflection problems. Switching to physical materials does not have this phenomenon. In the end, I compromised and used all physical materials (this problem It seems to only appear on materials with refraction)