Author Topic: Corona Proxy Exporter (continuous updates)  (Read 114471 times)

2017-04-19, 14:06:43
Reply #30

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Also, me again, is it logical for you to add an option "convert instance to corona proxy" ?
Or a dialog asking the user if he wants to convert only the selected object, or also its instances.

I'm familiar with this script on Vray : http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/instancestovrayproxy
I use it for Corona too, keeping the same destination folder as the original one used with the script when converting the whole scene.
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-06-29, 20:15:15
Reply #31

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Sorry for the very late answer. It's actually already supported. Just select all those instances and export in "separate each node" mode. You will notice that only 1 proxy file is written to disk :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2017-07-04, 16:20:06
Reply #32

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Thanks, I will have a test !
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-10-17, 12:26:31
Reply #33

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Awaking this topic !

Any plans for this Proxy Exporter ?
I assume some people ask for at least :
- favorite menu to quickly access save location for proxies
- auto-rename existing geometry (in a same object) when exporting

This would save a lot of time...

Thks !

JG
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2018-04-02, 07:50:08
Reply #34

fistwood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Dead Clown,

The corona proxy exporter on quad menu when I install corona is missing, and when I manually add them in customize UI , the exporter exports as .cgeo files, where previously it exports as .cproxy files.
Is there any chance I can change to .cproxy again? And how to?

2018-04-03, 22:05:20
Reply #35

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hi fistwood,
I can't remember exactly but I think the cproxy file extension was deprecated years ago! They replaced it with cgeo because it's more universal this way, not just "proxy". So I actually don't know if it's still possible to export cproxy somehow but I doubt it. I wouldn't recommend it anyways.

2018-05-03, 15:27:10
Reply #36

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I've encountered strange proxy exporter behaviour when tried to export one model. The model is made of several objects, grouped into single group. Exporter settings was, collapse and export to single proxy - on, replace source objects - off. At first try, it exported model only partially, missing pieces was simply duplicated separately as meshes. I decided that this is the model's fault, since it's quite old and messy, so i went through all objects and collapsed all modifiers except turbosmooth and reset transform coordinates. After that the model exported without issues, but for some odd reason, the original model was completely ruined in process - many objects were duplicated several times, some were merged with each other and assigned wrong materials. Luckily i saved scene before export, otherwise i would be screwed o_O

Exporter version v0.06
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-05-08, 15:47:03
Reply #37

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hmm... I can't reproduce it here with a simple group but I wouldn't rule out some fu**up in my code. Groups are nasty and easily blow up. Can you reproduce it, maybe even send me the offending object(s)?

2018-05-08, 19:02:20
Reply #38

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I will see if i'm able to reproduce it myself and will send you offending file if i will succeed.

Edit: i've managed to reproduce it and sent you a PM with a link to faulty file.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-08, 19:45:49 by romullus »

2018-05-08, 21:24:46
Reply #39

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Found the problem. This is a major bug and it is strongly recommended to update your exporter! Download link is in the first post of this thread.

changelog:
*v0.07 - [2018/05/08] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fixed a major bug with exporting collapsed proxies which under some circumstances caused the original model(s) to be altered

2018-05-08, 22:50:03
Reply #40

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Feature suggestion. When trying to export big number of objects at once, exporter gives warning and an option to temporarily turn off undo. I think it would be good if it also would give an option to cancel operation [Yes] [No] [Cancel]

2018-05-08, 23:56:37
Reply #41

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Me again :] I noticed that if i export proxy with replace source objects turned off and then save the file, its size gets much higher than before export. At first i thought that it's some garbage left after export, but cleaning the scene doesn't reduce it's size. I'm attaching screen with simple test.

2018-05-09, 10:32:15
Reply #42

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
On the file size issue. Apparently it has something to do with mesh normals, if i try to export object as OBJ after proxy conversion, then it takes very long time for OBJ exporter to prepare mesh normals. Trying to reset normals with edit normals modifier, gives no result, however selecting all polygons and detaching them to new object, solves file size issue. I think this should be fixed, there's no reason to leave unnecessary information in object after proxy export. Maybe exporter could make a copy of original object before conversion and then delete it after it's done its job?

2018-05-09, 10:48:21
Reply #43

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, now there shouldn't be any changes of the original geometry anymore, meaning that there should not be any difference in normals or anthiny else before and after. The proxy exporter does make a copy before collapsing and deletes it afterwards.
I can't reproduce the issue here. The car file you sent me saves exactly the same size after exporting a collapsed proxy and is only a few mb if I let it replace the original.

2018-05-09, 11:04:34
Reply #44

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I tested it on simple teapot primitive, converted to mesh and it consistently saves almost twice as bigger files after export as before it. I tested it with v0.07, but i first noticed that on v0.06 Is there something else i could provide, to help you identify the issue?