Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248421 times)

2016-03-13, 07:14:16
Reply #960

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is there a way to have the denoise filter on the channels?
I second that :)

2016-03-13, 23:02:05
Reply #961

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
is there a way to have the denoise filter on the channels?
I second that :)
Unfortunately no, the denoiser currently works only on beauty and alpha.

2016-03-14, 13:35:32
Reply #962

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Really like these new great features. The "VFB-MSI" solves problems that couldn't be solved before, and adaptive + denoiser speeds things up a lot. But in my testings I've encountered a few problems/bugs/issues:

1 - There is a problem with the denoiser when objects are behind glass. I've attached an example, where it was necessary to hide the glass to avoid the denoiser "destroying" the render. 60 passes, denoise rad.: 0,5, render size (whole pic.): 1280x960.

2 - When using region render after a full render, the denoise "layer" is not cleared even when "Clear VFB" is checked (both). The result is that the blend function blends between Black and "old denoise layer" outside the region. I've attached an example where blend is set to 0,1 to illustrate.

Keep it comming :)

2016-03-14, 14:29:49
Reply #963

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm getting the same issues with glass and water or any semitransparent or transparent materials with denoiser but I highly doubt it is fixable or changeable until or more precisely if some sort of per pass\element noise filtering will or can be done for that process or maybe even some sort denoiser masking driven by some sort of ignore by denoiser material flag should be made to better avoid such things in such cases, yet I'm even less sure if that is possible too.
Here's some examples of that behavior with various noise blending amounts - notice the ugly blur on top of underwater parts with full denoising, yet 0.5 blending looks quite acceptable in this case I think.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-14, 14:34:12 by antanas »

2016-03-14, 14:30:20
Reply #964

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1 - There is a problem with the denoiser when objects are behind glass. I've attached an example, where it was necessary to hide the glass to avoid the denoiser "destroying" the render. 60 passes, denoise rad.: 0,5, render size (whole pic.): 1280x960.
Hi PROH,
could you please provide some testing scene that would demonstrate problem #1? I've already encountered this kind of problem, but the blur wasn't nearly as strong as in your case, I'll see what I can do to fix it.

2016-03-14, 14:43:39
Reply #965

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hi PROH,
could you please provide some testing scene that would demonstrate problem #1? I've already encountered this kind of problem, but the blur wasn't nearly as strong as in your case, I'll see what I can do to fix it.

I can )) here's the scene itself done in max 2016 and the needed maps are those https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ePe66 glorious freebies from RDTextures + any forest hdr map which you can find - in this case I used Aversis's monthly freebie 022-bos-schaduw.hdr - hopefully no nonredistributable content this time ))

2016-03-14, 15:07:44
Reply #966

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11251.0.html

Noise behind glass. Animation makes that problem more noticeable.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2016-03-14, 16:12:51
Reply #967

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can )) here's the scene itself done in max 2016 and the needed maps are those https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ePe66 glorious freebies from RDTextures + any forest hdr map which you can find - in this case I used Aversis's monthly freebie 022-bos-schaduw.hdr - hopefully no nonredistributable content this time ))
Thank you for the scene! The problem is that the denoiser can't "see" under surfaces with glossiness < 1. Setting glossiness to 1 yields much better results, see attached images. I think this can be fixed, though :)

2016-03-14, 18:19:14
Reply #968

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Well that' good to know for sure, and of course it will be even better if it can be fixed which would be invaluable for scenarios where some more sophisticated transparent materials are involved - like some glass\water with variable mapped glossiness or some dirt etc.

2016-03-14, 18:37:38
Reply #969

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys what VFB clamping stands for? Is it about this antialasing problem?
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-03-14, 18:50:29
Reply #970

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes. It can also speed up rendering. It creates bias (which can be anywhere from invisible to huge). It is Vray's "subpixel mapping" with more fine-grained control.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-14, 19:39:16
Reply #971

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem is that the denoiser can't "see" under surfaces with glossiness < 1.

I can confirm this. BUT this is not the only thing causing ultra-blur, since my glass did have refraction (and reflection) glossiness set to 1. So after more testing I found out that "Thin" is the second cause.

So set refraction glossiness to 1, uncheck "Thin" and set refraction to 1 - and pray that you wont run into troubles with your lights.....

Hope this be fixed/worked out :)

BTW - Did anybody else experience the region-problem (described in my earlier post)with denoiser?

2016-03-14, 19:46:22
Reply #972

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes. It can also speed up rendering. It creates bias (which can be anywhere from invisible to huge). It is Vray's "subpixel mapping" with more fine-grained control.

Hm that is interesting. I remember subpixel maping was cutting somwhere around 20-50% of rendertime in vray. Got to test it out as soon as i will get home
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-03-14, 19:46:45
Reply #973

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we know about the region problem, it will be fixed soon
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-14, 22:22:01
Reply #974

selant

• Active Users
    • View Profile

there was a checkbox for "subpixel map." in vray if i'm not wrong, but here we must provide a value ? What is the criteria to define the value. 1,0 means %100 ?