Author Topic: Material Converter  (Read 4823 times)

2014-12-10, 15:43:58

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When I select an object to be converted from Vray.... and press the Corona Material Converter... everything in the model turns white.
I just want to convert one item... not the whole model.

Is this possible?

2014-12-10, 22:49:46
Reply #1

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs

2014-12-10, 23:00:08
Reply #2

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What versions of Corona and MatConverter do you use?

Corona: A7.2
Mat Converter: v.22

2014-12-10, 23:55:46
Reply #3

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. AFAIK the materiale Converter converts the whole scene, and not just the selected. By default maps/materials are not displayed after convention - so everything turns grey. You'll have to press the "Show Material" button to have them displayed. Is this the problem or is everything also white/grey when you render the scene?

2014-12-11, 00:15:05
Reply #4

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the v.19 version you have the option to only convert a selected object. I don't know why it's gone in v.22, but I use it a lot.

There is an option to show textures in VP in the mt convertor. That'll solve your problem with the grey viewport.

2014-12-11, 00:22:25
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I don't know why it's gone in v.22, but I use it a lot.
Because it never worked like the "convert materials + maps" option, so some people reported shitty conversion results and I disabled the selection modes (the ones with the big "DEBUG" behind the name ;) )

v0.22 only converts the whole scene, no selections. I'm currently restructuring the conversion core functions, so there is a good chance it is coming back (this time actually more useful). I'm also trying to make the script more accessible from outside, so other scripts can use the converter without gui.

If something turns white than the diffuse color (or emission color) is white.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-12-11, 08:57:27
Reply #6

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the v.19 version you have the option to only convert a selected object. I don't know why it's gone in v.22, but I use it a lot.

There is an option to show textures in VP in the mt convertor. That'll solve your problem with the grey viewport.

Many thanks. It's always a relief when you find the solution to a problem :)

2014-12-11, 09:05:44
Reply #7

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know why it's gone in v.22, but I use it a lot.
Because it never worked like the "convert materials + maps" option, so some people reported shitty conversion results and I disabled the selection modes (the ones with the big "DEBUG" behind the name ;) )

v0.22 only converts the whole scene, no selections. I'm currently restructuring the conversion core functions, so there is a good chance it is coming back (this time actually more useful). I'm also trying to make the script more accessible from outside, so other scripts can use the converter without gui.

If something turns white than the diffuse color (or emission color) is white.

DC... I went back to V.19 and it works. Lucky I kept the older version just in case... which saves me having to completely re-apply mats to imported models from scratch.

Thanks

2014-12-11, 09:38:22
Reply #8

skelington

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also like the function to convert only selected material, the new version is not yet dare to go.

2014-12-11, 09:59:59
Reply #9

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
If you all don't mind if texturemaps are not converted at all, you can still use the selection modes of an older version (at least until 1.0) ;)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-12-12, 06:02:33
Reply #10

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
does it not always convert normalBump maps to Coronanormals ?  I am having a headache with a huuuge file with 10 xrefs and somewhere in there, there is 3 normalmaps :/