Author Topic: Pricing and release date announced  (Read 192113 times)

2014-10-08, 11:52:41
Reply #60

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rawavalanche:
I dont think it's related to making profit...

Person B can still be making profit with another engine. Person A is screwed and stuck with an older version. I think updates should be free for Box licenses.

lacilaci:
In order to cut costs in a long term, Box license is the only way to go. But we all know how unpolished and rough most 1.0 versions are, and how much they evolve in subsequent months... So having no updates after the 90 days grace, makes this option very unnappealing.

I guess the team needs to clarify the subscription price to make it a viable option, although I still think major updates (at least) should be free.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-08, 12:00:15 by ikercito »

2014-10-08, 11:58:58
Reply #61

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
For me Corona is the best solution for stills. Price is good. I'm employed in company and probably it will be no problem to buy 5-6 licenses or more for my boss because my company is making hundreds of renders (especially test renders to test some architectural solutions) and we prefer to do these tests by our employers rather than outsourcing it for other 3D companies.
Corona is great, simple and very good solution fo us. I suppose that biggest problem is about BOX license which will be delivered without updates (or without subscription). People are thinking in simple way : You are giving me software but without updates - thats mean that you don't care about me (customer) and about product. I know this way of thinking because i was betatester of few softwares. People want to pay little bit more (for example subscription) and want to have some updates :)
This is not the first customer need - it's his feeling :) Marketing.

2014-10-08, 12:04:54
Reply #62

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
This is a good news, Ondra you do respect your promise about low price, thanks.

Just a question, I think most of us will get SaaS licences, but most of us will use Corona almost all the time. So we will have a lot of invoice to register, and this means time and cost. What about to have a SaaS licence for 6 and 12 months, maybe with a little discount too?

Thanks to all the team,
Alessandro
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2014-10-08, 12:35:20
Reply #63

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Alessandro: yes, this is planned

We are currently going through all the feedback (there is a LOT of it), and composing another article with FAQ
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-08, 12:52:14
Reply #64

elnino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Hi,

I think that prices and licensing systems are fair for the 3ds max version but I just wanted to know about Corona Standalone, if the prices are going to be the same as for the 3dsmax version? If yes, will it be more feature complete before the release? Right now it really can't be used for commercial purposes. Also, if the Corona Standalone release is not made at the same time, will the 30 first days subscribers promotion be available?

Thanks again for the great work and the existence of this thread to have the possibility to discuss about the prices.

2014-10-08, 13:10:42
Reply #65

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Honestly, as far as the pricing goes, most of you will get your money back with the first project. So i don't think pros should be complaining.

There are some questions about hobby/personal license. I don't think i've ever heard of this. But as we're debating things in this thread, how do you think this could possibly work? Honest question.
How could Corona team know what the hell is personal license being used for?
It could send every render back home?
It could watermark every image, but it would have to be somewhere in the middle so that it can't be cropped out, how could you use that in a portfolio?
Or one should give Corona team access to PC via TeamViewer :D

As long as mental ray is being shipped with max there is no way boss man will cash out for Corona, even if it was half the price, he'd be happy with scanline. Hell, he'd be happy with nitrous viewport :D I've been using it just for my personal project, if you can call it so since it's not finished and by the looks of it i'll be happy to finish it by the end of the year :D (Quite simple, but time is always short)
Until i actually decide to go freelance or open my own studio, there is no rational justification for buying Corona, so personal license would be great, but honestly - i don't see it happening.

Some more question:
- Blender? Pricing, licensing, integration? Mainly in light of recent Autodesk subscription announcement. Max is nothing special, no reason not to switch to Blender, if Corona would work properly with it.
- Alpha bug reporters, discount? wink wink :D

2014-10-08, 13:25:12
Reply #66

vicnaum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Pricing & ideas are great.

Will there be any discounts for alpha testers? :-D

2014-10-08, 13:27:04
Reply #67

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
There are some questions about hobby/personal license. I don't think i've ever heard of this. But as we're debating things in this thread, how do you think this could possibly work? Honest question.
Haven't you heard about Splutterfish's brazil rio? It was fully functional version with only limitation on render size. I use it a lot and couldn't be happier. I really hope Corona team will have some similar offer, otherwise i'll have to go back to A6, because i can't justify to pay such money for hobby alone.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-10-08, 13:31:32
Reply #68

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the discounts/free versions for testers are still planned, so romullus, you don't need to worry ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-08, 13:39:05
Reply #69

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I really hope Corona team will have some similar offer, otherwise i'll have to go back to A6, because i can't justify to pay such money for hobby alone.

Aren't all alphas scheduled to stop working by the end of the year? I guess us hobbyists will have to say goodbye to Corona.
Now, about those MILA materials in mental ray... :D

2014-10-08, 13:42:23
Reply #70

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just another question for FAQ:

Can 1 Corona license be installed on several versions of Max (i.e. 2012 & 2015) at the same time on the same computer, or do we need to buy 1 license for each version?

2014-10-08, 13:44:12
Reply #71

rsi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rsi
Hi, I really love the Saas option with the continuous development, I was just wondering if it won't be hard for the plugin's and script  dev to follow and recompile each time?

2014-10-08, 14:34:14
Reply #72

deshu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another question. Does those prices incude taxes?

2014-10-08, 14:56:09
Reply #73

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
I really hope Corona team will have some similar offer, otherwise i'll have to go back to A6, because i can't justify to pay such money for hobby alone.

Aren't all alphas scheduled to stop working by the end of the year? I guess us hobbyists will have to say goodbye to Corona.

I don't remember that someone mentioned, that the A6 will be disabled at the end of the year, only A7. Hope not as being more of a hobyist myself i was thinking of jumping back. 

2014-10-08, 15:04:07
Reply #74

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Do you think hobbies should be free ? I am asking in good faith :- ) It's one of the more interesting topics I picked up here, not wish to sideline discussion, just interests me a bit. Cheers
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!