General Category > General CG Discussion

The Betrayal : the new Chaos price list.

<< < (3/4) > >>

dj_buckley:
I'm literally comparing what I paid in October 2022, to what I would have to pay today if I wanted the same thing.  Phoenix, Scans and all that nonsense that nobody asked for is no longer optional.  But I have to buy premium if I want the floating licence so, whether or not it comes with all the bloatware isn't our doing.

And this is the problem.  You're forcing us to pay for stuff we don't want/need.  How many people were using Phoenix, Scans, Cosmos etc before hand?

I have to compare to Premium because there's no alternative to get the floating licences.

I'll go back to my shopping analogy.  You're shopping is now 7666 euros, you're horrified, but the cashier tells you "but we've included a bundle of car cleaning equipment previously worth X amount and a new BBQ that you would have had to pay for separately last time you came in" the problem is you don't drive or own a car and you live in a studio apartment.  Do you just go, oh excellent, they're really useful to me so I'm happy to pay the extra?

dj_buckley:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2024-03-21, 12:24:53 ---or you'd have to look at Solo pricing today.

--- End quote ---

Please send me a link to an option to purchase solo with a floating licence

tuami:
I don't think the pricing policy is justified either. It would be fair to say let's take a look at it and not immediately come up with counterarguments. Unfortunately, that's just wishful thinking, because that's not how companies that have to be profitable work.

I'm glad that we have one of the old licenses (even though automatic renewal wasn't activated during the changeover, I saw that in time and changed it..)
If that weren't the case, we would also consider looking for alternatives (Octane costs €19.99 per month and even has 10+ render node licenses)

We have a price increase from back then

2 x FairSaaS (old license) = €699.98 incl. VAT
on today
2 x Premium license with 2x 5 render nodes = €996.74 incl. VAT

which means a price increase of 42.4%.

-----

If we had canceled corona and had to pay extra for our 4 render nodes, we would be with

yearly
2 x Premium = 1082.42 including VAT
https://corona-renderer.com/pricing
4 x Solo Nodes = €628.32 incl. VAT
https://corona-renderer.com/prices-licensing/render-nodes

Total costs €1710,74 annually including VAT

If you now compare the old Fairsass license of € 699.98 from 2020/2021 and 2022 to € 1710,74, that is a price increase of 144,4% within 2 years

But as I said, we are happy to still have the old license ;)

I still dream that corona and vray will combine their synergies and become “CORAY" THE only ultimate render engine you need -  But that's another topic :)

JoeS:
The whole price increase is an absolute slap in the face, and all of the bloatware chaos added to jam the price up is an insult. Also the quality and content of the corona updates are getting smaller and smaller.

On another note you can already get a fully cracked version of corona12. Which is bad news for people who pay since other studios quote such low prices you cannot compete.

Really now the feature rich product is vray since they will not let corona compete with it. The writing was on the wall when Chaos purchased Corona.

TomG:
Which was 7 years ago.... that is 7/9ths of the time that Corona has been available commercially, that we've been part of Chaos. And in that time, the development hours on Corona have not gone down 1 bit.

As for the price change, this happened over 6 months ago now.

And last, I am also not sure how you can say that adding export to .vrscene is a "small" update, as it a) took a lot of work and b) answers the most often asked question about adding GPU rendering as an option for Corona, and then that comes with the VFB 2 (multiple LightMixes alone is a huge benefit there, and again an often-requested feature), significant new powers in Scatter. Do let us know what would make the update not a "small" one for you via the Feature Requests.

Thanks!

Oh PS, no-one is "not letting us compete with V-Ray", Corona was never intended to be V-Ray which is a "do-it-all-for-everyone" engine, and we were always archviz focused, so there were features we never ever intended to introduce whether V-Ray had/has them or not. We still set our own path on what should go into each update :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version