Author Topic: Issue with PNG in Corona Bitmap  (Read 1022 times)

2022-06-21, 17:47:29

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but it seems like PNG files are not loading well?
No problem with JPEG or TIFF.
See video please.
EDIT: 3Ds Max 2020, Corona 8 with hotfix 1

2022-06-21, 18:15:38
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is that with all PNGs? I think there's something up with just this one image, as we'd have heard a lot of reports if something was wrong with PNGs in general. Can you send that one file over? Does everything work fine with other PNGs? What happens on rendering?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-21, 19:55:06
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is that with all PNGs? I think there's something up with just this one image, as we'd have heard a lot of reports if something was wrong with PNGs in general. Can you send that one file over? Does everything work fine with other PNGs? What happens on rendering?

Hi Tom,

It's not happening anymore. Weird. I think it was that file only. I should've checked with others. sorry.

On rendering it was showing what was rendered on the material editor.
I'm sending the PNG attached in case you want to test it.

2022-06-21, 20:22:09
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah something weird with that PNG - I got it to work as expected by loading it into Photoshop, and using Export -> Save For Web (Legacy) and choosing PNG8 with transparency, and then it would display properly. The original PNG also displays incorrectly in the native Max Bitmap too as well as the Corona Bitmap.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us