Author Topic: Noob needing help with corona sky  (Read 1150 times)

2021-05-27, 17:43:46

GraceKellyPerfect

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, as title suggest I m new to 3d modelling and I downloaded Corona render trial after hearing positive stuff about it. So far I have setup simple studio scene with corona lights used following tutorial  and everything turned great. Problems arise when I started using Corona Sun and Sky. I always get almost pure white screen in interactive screen and changing values hardly does anything to fix it. Tested on most basic scene with simple plane and teapot. I add corona sun and boom, there goes white bomb. Adding corona sky in enivornment map only makes scene even more white.

EDIT:I fixed it, go to render setup and then under scene tab, change scene environment from 3ds max settings to single map
« Last Edit: 2021-05-27, 17:52:12 by GraceKellyPerfect »

2021-05-27, 18:00:23
Reply #1

GraceKellyPerfect

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Even though I fixed it, it would be cool if someone can explain why didn t corona play well with default settings from max and needed change to single map  or lightmix

2021-05-27, 19:02:26
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Because by default, Corona's exposure is set for an interior scene (and if the sun and sky is not seen through a window, limiting the light coming into the scene, it will be overexposed as without walls etc. you have an exterior scene, which needs a different exposure). Simply adjust the Exposure in the VFB.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-27, 19:04:59
Reply #3

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. The white render with Corona Syn & Sky is overexposed. So turn down the EV value to something around -4,5 and all should work fine.

Hope it helps

Edit: Just as Tom explained :)

2021-05-27, 20:09:44
Reply #4

GraceKellyPerfect

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for responses, I really like this renderer

2021-05-27, 20:19:24
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most welcome! Great to have you as a new Coronaut :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us