Author Topic: Scene Setting Help  (Read 1938 times)

2020-09-15, 16:22:57

dzdesign

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello to everyone
Im new to the forum and kind of need help.

Im an architect and had been relying on outsourced render, but due to some changes at the moment I am working directly on the scenes.

My latest project if a single house, that takes forever to render with a not so appaling final quality.
attached image 1 to understand.

Then, thinking the problem could have been my machine, i downloaded a ready scene online and it rendered in 15 minutes with amazing quality.

Even if I try to replicate the same exact render setup from the fast scene, nothing changes on mine.

What could be the problem? Could the model be a problem? The scattered landscape?
I created the full model in Rhino, and exported to 3ds max through a DWG Solids file.

Thank to anyone that will be able to help me

2020-09-15, 17:14:20
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Could be causeret by so many reasons, that one can only guess without more information.

Some things to check out:
- how does it render with Coronas default settings?
- are the instances kept (like acad blocks), or are they all turned into thousands of separate unique objects?
- are you using refraction in material where translucency should be used in stead (for example in the fern material)?
- are you running out of RAM?
- how is your light set up (Corona sun & sky or HDRI)?

Please give us some more info :)

2020-09-15, 17:42:11
Reply #2

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
I know you said you replicated the render settings.
Do you delete the other scene that renders quickly and then import your own.
Then render.
If the times do not go down.
Start stripping your model.
Delete the vegetation, then render.see if it makes a difference.
new delete the curtains........and on and on......
Find the issue.and you will.

If you want send it me and I will look at it for you.
Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2020-09-15, 17:53:45
Reply #3

dzdesign

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Could be causeret by so many reasons, that one can only guess without more information.

Some things to check out:
- how does it render with Coronas default settings?
- are the instances kept (like acad blocks), or are they all turned into thousands of separate unique objects?
- are you using refraction in material where translucency should be used in stead (for example in the fern material)?
- are you running out of RAM?
- how is your light set up (Corona sun & sky or HDRI)?

Please give us some more info :)

Hi PROH

- with default settings i still have the same issues, that is making me think it might be a model issue
- how can I check for the instances? I usually divide the layers in the RHINO file such as:
  eg: GROUND FLOOR
        > walls
        > woods
        > aluminiums
        etc etc
   and so one for each level. everything gets imported and grouped so I do not know if the instances are kept
- elements such as the fern are ready mapped models that i just import, and convert to corona if they were meant for vray
- yep i get a running our of ram message
- i had set coronasun and placed and hdri in the render setup. i just removed that and chose in the coronasky in the envirorment settings

2020-09-15, 17:54:54
Reply #4

dzdesign

• Users
    • View Profile
I know you said you replicated the render settings.
Do you delete the other scene that renders quickly and then import your own.
Then render.
If the times do not go down.
Start stripping your model.
Delete the vegetation, then render.see if it makes a difference.
new delete the curtains........and on and on......
Find the issue.and you will.

If you want send it me and I will look at it for you.
Phil

Hi Phil,
I will definetely give a try to your suggestion, if I dont succeed I'll surely use your help :)

2020-09-15, 19:30:34
Reply #5

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. If you're getting warnings about running out of RAM, then that's definately one of reasons to slow rendering - even very slow rendering.

Another reason often seen, is "wrong" or "bad" material set up. It's not always enough to convert the materials automatically from VRay, so check out these materials.

Unlike most CAD-programs 3DsMax doesn't handle hundreds of thousand objects very well, just like it doesn't work well with objects far from drawing origin. So keep as much as possible as instanced objects, merge objects together (not the same as grouping), and make sure that the whole model is close to 0,0,0

Hope it helps

2020-09-16, 18:05:33
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
In your images, it looks like you are using the caustics solver. It can sometimes significantly slow down rendering. If you are using it, can you see if disabling it (in the Performance tab) helps get better render times?

Regardless of the outcome, you are welcome to send us your problematic scene and we will see what the problem might be:
https://corona-renderer.com/upload

After the successful upload, please share your file name and upload method.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-07, 10:58:00
Reply #7

dzdesign

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello Guys,
sorry for not giving any feedback but in the meantime we had our second child :)

I had followed the suggestion from Philip Kelly and rebuilt the scene completely and rendering times got back to normal.
The renders are not yet perfect but can do for the time being.

I attached some images of final rendering. If anyone has any tips/suggestions for future reference please let me know

Thanks to everyone for the help.