Author Topic: Cool corrosion effect  (Read 3433 times)

2017-10-26, 16:09:21

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Playing around with procedurals this afternoon and i accidentally made this cool corrosion effect on my galv metal by blending a material with round edges with a material without round edges and masking them with a corona AO with the AO distance controlled by a noise map. The dirt is also procedural. The material itself needs work of course but the effect is quite cool!
« Last Edit: 2017-10-26, 16:25:55 by jpjapers »

2017-10-27, 01:31:43
Reply #1

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Im not sure what Im looking at tbh
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-10-27, 10:04:56
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

So when you get bad quality welds they sometimes bubble and corrode if they get exposed to water (albeit not usually on galvanised steel) Hence the rough looking welds around the edges of the steel surfaces.

2017-10-27, 13:15:50
Reply #3

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
This is great marketing opportunity - sign for the Corona Academy and you'll learn many cool tricks like this one. Using AO for water stains/corrosion/etc. is one of the tricks actually shown on the Acadamy (or at least on the one which I sat through the whole time) :)

2017-10-27, 13:48:14
Reply #4

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott

So when you get bad quality welds they sometimes bubble and corrode if they get exposed to water (albeit not usually on galvanised steel) Hence the rough looking welds around the edges of the steel surfaces.

Will you share the recepie?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-10-27, 14:48:21
Reply #5

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Will you share the recepie?

I can yeah. Ill save out a mat ball next week (its on my work pc)

2017-10-27, 14:49:30
Reply #6

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is great marketing opportunity - sign for the Corona Academy and you'll learn many cool tricks like this one. Using AO for water stains/corrosion/etc. is one of the tricks actually shown on the Acadamy (or at least on the one which I sat through the whole time) :)

Honestly id love to but i cant afford to fly. Maybe you guys should consider putting out a DVD series like Gnomon or something like what Grant Warwick has? It would open up the doors to alot of people like me who cant drop that sort of cash to fly to prague :P

2017-10-30, 13:35:56
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Right now the Corona Academy is only organized in our Prague office, and we do not intend to share the courses on dvd or online in foreseeable future. We believe that the knowledge we are sharing there should only be delivered personally, and that one essential part of the Academy is the possibility for the attendees to ask questions anytime during the course directly to the Corona developers. Another thing is that the Corona Academy gives certification, and the Primary Certified Instructors can certify other users. By providing the course face-to-face we can make sure that our Instructors have a good understanding of Corona Renderer, and that later on they can provide high quality training. If we shared the courses on dvd, we would not be able to really know how exactly they are utilizing them, or in other words, if they are watching them at all. :)

We are planning to expand the Corona Academy to other countries in the future to make it easier to access for users who cannot afford/do not want to travel to Prague, however there are no specific dates we could reveal yet.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-31, 13:36:29
Reply #8

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Right now the Corona Academy is only organized in our Prague office, and we do not intend to share the courses on dvd or online in foreseeable future. We believe that the knowledge we are sharing there should only be delivered personally, and that one essential part of the Academy is the possibility for the attendees to ask questions anytime during the course directly to the Corona developers. Another thing is that the Corona Academy gives certification, and the Primary Certified Instructors can certify other users. By providing the course face-to-face we can make sure that our Instructors have a good understanding of Corona Renderer, and that later on they can provide high quality training. If we shared the courses on dvd, we would not be able to really know how exactly they are utilizing them, or in other words, if they are watching them at all. :)

We are planning to expand the Corona Academy to other countries in the future to make it easier to access for users who cannot afford/do not want to travel to Prague, however there are no specific dates we could reveal yet.

Thats a shame. Oh well i guess ill have to wait