Author Topic: The future of archviz—how does software like Lumion fit into the picture?  (Read 12686 times)

2015-12-14, 04:41:08
Reply #15

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
One day, you'll have a "corona renderer" rendering 60FPS in an "unreal engine editor". People will always ask for as realistic as possible and as fast as possible so...
yes, that's kind of nice dreams :D and dreams grows technologies.

2015-12-14, 15:02:30
Reply #16

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just saw a Lumion demonstration on Razor House, after a minute I went to the bathroom and almost threw up with a headache. I still can't handle 3D that I watch others move through... I am ok if I control it.

2015-12-14, 16:58:55
Reply #17

Malor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is just silly. Why would Mercedes people render cars, if they can simply take photos. To augment reality. Same goes here. Most of 3d stuff needs a little something that pushes it beyond "real". And that little something usually requires inspiration. i mean look at MIR portfolio. Do you think they worry about real time tech? Ok, even if hypothetically all the real time things suddenly become "must have" for the client, how does it really chane things? I mean i'm pretty sure that PBR will stay BPR no matter what. so we all just quickly requalify from sort of "photographers" to sort of "directors".

2015-12-15, 06:31:25
Reply #18

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One day, you'll have a "corona renderer" rendering 60FPS in an "unreal engine editor". People will always ask for as realistic as possible and as fast as possible so...
yes, that's kind of nice dreams :D and dreams grows technologies.

Well Octane render may have something close to that for us soon (SOOOOON lol). They are supposed to have a ue4 plugin that will allow us to bake the lighting in Octane and export the scene to ue4!
That would mean superb and precise G.I with Ue4's realtime capabilities. It's still baked stuff but it will probably speed up the workflow a lot. Getting a preview of the lighting in ue4 is impossible, you gotta wait for the whole build to finish!

Small preview posted a while ago. Now they've just confirmed the baking for ue4 on their official forums.