Author Topic: Chaos Licencing server keeps failing to start after shutdown  (Read 1727 times)

2022-05-14, 22:40:14

darkpye

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am having an issue with Corona 8 where after my computer restarts the license server fails to start. I have to keep reinstalling corona 8 to get it to start. And today it also wanted to re download the Material Library again. Is anyone else having this issue, and how do I resolve it.

Thanks

2022-05-30, 07:51:37
Reply #1

darkpye

• Users
    • View Profile
Additional info regarding this issue.
The server fails to start after unexpected shutdowns. Assuming others are not experiencing a similar issue, or are not struggling with intermittent power outages.

I am able to get the server running again by reinstalling Corona 8.

2022-05-30, 13:49:54
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
this will be handled in support ticket 40757 and the solution will be shared here
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-02-19, 00:37:31
Reply #3

MAY3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAY3D Portfolio
I'm experiencing the same issue. Running Max 2022 and Corona 9, I have to reinstall the license server every time I start my PC. Is there a log file somewhere I can share to figure out a fix?
3D Generalist #OpenToWork

2023-02-20, 14:53:47
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for the lack of updates - it seems that the previous ticket was solved through a remote session with one of our support agents, and the solution was not shared publicly.

About the new case - can you please submit a new support ticket here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2023-02-20, 15:06:38
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
And/or as the first step you can check if you have all the "Chaos" apps enabled in Windows startup. (see attached image)

2023-02-21, 12:58:21
Reply #6

MAY3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAY3D Portfolio
And/or as the first step you can check if you have all the "Chaos" apps enabled in Windows startup. (see attached image)

Thanks Maru, this seems to have done the trick. If the issue comes up again I'll make sure to send a support request.
3D Generalist #OpenToWork

2023-02-21, 13:14:58
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Looks like some Windows Updates disable some startup items. This has just happened to me as well with my Logitech drivers (which are not developed by Chaos ;) ).