Author Topic: shift in displacement and texture map  (Read 3724 times)

2022-05-05, 22:45:52
Reply #15

frv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tx Beanzvision
I think you are right and it might be related to the geo. I experienced these issues in the past with Maxwell render. But so far I did not notice it with CR.
I can't check anything right now since the system is rendering.
Its a bit strange though that there is such a huge difference with cubic en uv projection.  Anyhow, maybe a good time to study uv mapping in C4D a bit more.

I am working with a new Mac Studio Ultra 128gB since yesterday. At first I was not all that impressed being preoccupied with the displacement maps.  But later this afternoon I had a fantastic time. Interactive rendering worked so fluent and everything so incredibly fast.  A detailed high-rise model and most of the time instant feedback in the interactive viewport.
Its a pity the C4D asset browser does not work at all. However I try to set up a database once its gets to any considerable size it never shows in the asset browser, a complete waist of time.

Now rendering and previewing is fast, getting to my libraries with Maxtree, Graswald and Bentanji assets is a bottleneck. The new C4D asset browser would have been a great solution but C4D totally misunderstood how to do that. The chaos cosmos browser is a lot better. Wish the complete Maxtree libraries where there. Would be nice if you could add local libraries to the Cosmos library.

No matter the render engine , its all about assets.