Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

shift in displacement and texture map

(1/4) > >>

frv:
Hi,
I noticed that in daily build 9 there is a shift between the displacement mapping and the texture mapping in the base layer of a physical material.
See attachment. This is a brick wall where the displacement does not follow the texture mapping. it only happens when  the texture tag is set as cubic and when the scale is reduced with the length U and V. At 100% the displacement and texture maps fit perfectly well.

I hope this can be fixed since I use a lot of brick textures rescaled and mapped as cubic instead of as a UV in C4D. I did not notice this before in versions 8.

Mac Studio Ultra 20 core, 128gb. OSX C4Dr26. CRv9(21april)

Beanzvision:
Hi there, where exactly did you get the texture from? Are you able to submit it for testing? If so, please feel free to use the link in my signature below.

frv:
Hi, yes the texture is by Petersen from the material Kolumba K55:
https://en.petersen-tegl.dk/kolumba/products/k55
that's the product page. Click on "Texture" to download the textures petersen-k55-tilable-mask.jpg and petersen-k55-seamless-texture-dark-mortar-2020-05.jpg

I never had this problem before or noticed it.
It happens when the object/material tags are scaled ( in this case to 5%) and set to cubic as in the post before where I added a screenshot of the setup.

I can also send you the file. I don't know how though. The textures are about 35Mb and 2.8Mb but are the same dimensions in mm.

Beanzvision:
Hi there, you can send your file via the ''Corona Support'' link in my signature below. ;)

frv:
After this mail I send you a file that shows it.
Strange thing is that when I set a fillet on the cube that has the material with the texture map, the displacement texture fits fine on the color texture but without there is a weird shift. The displacement then no longer matches the color map.
See attachments and the file I send.

btw, I changed the textures to match the real world dimensions. So the problem is most likely not related to scaling the material tags on the cubic mapping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version