Author Topic: Chaos Licensing Feedback/Help  (Read 42286 times)

2022-05-16, 11:45:42
Reply #90

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hm our IT guy did a test reboot and the server/service did not restart. He had to manually click the "start chaos license server" from the start menu. Windows Server 2019.

I have started a support ticket #38698 for you. You will be contacted soon.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-06-01, 09:11:09
Reply #91

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
i need urgent support,
my payments are ok but i cann't use corona.

Thank you

2022-06-01, 13:35:30
Reply #92

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,
i need urgent support,
my payments are ok but i cann't use corona.

Thank you

Please contact us here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we cannot offer licensing/payment support on the forum.

2022-06-03, 08:47:02
Reply #93

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fixed almost immediately by Chaos support.

thank you

2022-06-03, 10:04:55
Reply #94

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Fixed almost immediately by Chaos support.

thank you

Perfect, thank you for confirming!

2022-06-11, 16:02:03
Reply #95

Curtis Walker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Abstract Canvas
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to configure the license server address on our render farm nodes and can't seem to start the 'Change license settings' dialog. Tthere is no Start menu link to access this function after installing Corona 8 (stable, not a daily).

How can I acess the dialog manually, or set a variable or registry entry to point the application to our license server's address? Or just point me to the right manual. :) I've tried to look for a solution here in the forums and in the manuals but could'n find anything.

hi,
try to open setvrlservice.exe, yuo find it in:
C:\Program Files\Corona\Corona Renderer for 3ds Max\2022\Utils\setvrlservice.exe
or similar depending on max version you are using

This needs flagged up and either put back in the start menu or put in the troubleshooting guide somewhere. I had an errant node that was failing to render after install and I only found this by chance despite the fact i knew what utility i was looking for and came across this in my search. Not everyone will know.

Thanks LorenzoS :D

2022-06-22, 16:55:57
Reply #96

brr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear Corona Renderer team,

some time ago I have posted my questions about licenses for chaos scatter, because now it has cross platform functionality, and it can work with corona and vray.
My original post was before announce of vray6 beta, where chaos scatter also comes in bundle. And at that time there was also no separate section for chaos scatter in chaos license server. I don't know if there is some difference between corona8 and vray 6 CS editions, right now I am using chaos scatter from corona renderer 8 and have always license issues.

I have:
- vray next- 5 licenses
- vray 5- 2 licenses
- corona renderer- 2 licenses (at the moment ;)
The problem is that Chaos Scatter does not recognize any Vray license at all. We bought 2 x corona , chaos scatter recognize also 2 licenses in his pool.

If I start some scene in 3ds max 2022 where I use chaos scatter in vray - one chaos scatter license is gone
If I start another scene(at the same time) in 3ds max 2019 where I also use chaos scatter in vray - second license is gone
Same time, Chaos license server shows that all 2 licenses for corona are not in use.

It this normal? Because right now this license issue makes the usage of Chaos Scatter in cross platform mode almost impossible :(
As I understand, chaos scatter should have 5+2+2 licenses - all corona and vray products which I currently have, isn't it ?
Please halp.

Many thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 2022-06-22, 17:01:47 by brr »

2022-06-22, 17:29:53
Reply #97

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Dear Corona Renderer team,

some time ago I have posted my questions about licenses for chaos scatter, because now it has cross platform functionality, and it can work with corona and vray.
My original post was before announce of vray6 beta, where chaos scatter also comes in bundle. And at that time there was also no separate section for chaos scatter in chaos license server. I don't know if there is some difference between corona8 and vray 6 CS editions, right now I am using chaos scatter from corona renderer 8 and have always license issues.

I have:
- vray next- 5 licenses
- vray 5- 2 licenses
- corona renderer- 2 licenses (at the moment ;)
The problem is that Chaos Scatter does not recognize any Vray license at all. We bought 2 x corona , chaos scatter recognize also 2 licenses in his pool.

If I start some scene in 3ds max 2022 where I use chaos scatter in vray - one chaos scatter license is gone
If I start another scene(at the same time) in 3ds max 2019 where I also use chaos scatter in vray - second license is gone
Same time, Chaos license server shows that all 2 licenses for corona are not in use.

It this normal? Because right now this license issue makes the usage of Chaos Scatter in cross platform mode almost impossible :(
As I understand, chaos scatter should have 5+2+2 licenses - all corona and vray products which I currently have, isn't it ?
Please halp.

Many thanks in advance

Hi, sorry to disappoint you, but it seems that you just tried using Scatter with V-Ray too early. Please note that currently:

Chaos Scatter works with Corona 8. It does not work with Corona 7 and older. A Chaos Scatter license is provided with a Corona 8 license, but not with licenses of older Corona versions.

Chaos Scatter works with V-Ray 6 (to be released soon). It does not work with V-Ray 5 and older. A Chaos Scatter license is provided with V-Ray 6, but not with licenses of older V-Ray versions.

Licensing issues when using both Corona and V-Ray will be addressed soon so that Scatter will be usable in "cross-platform mode".

In your post you wrote that you have V-Ray Next and V-Ray 5 licenses. It is not expected for Chaos Scatter to work in this case, unless you only use it with Corona 8.

So this issue should be resolved really soon.

2022-06-24, 00:00:03
Reply #98

toms86

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

its a nightmare the license, i have done all the things that in help forum is... when i run the program, everything its ok but when i tried to change a material the license problem is there, it let me work but with a terrible lag, the program close, the material editor change.. cant work like this.

Thank you

2022-06-24, 10:20:44
Reply #99

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi all,

its a nightmare the license, i have done all the things that in help forum is... when i run the program, everything its ok but when i tried to change a material the license problem is there, it let me work but with a terrible lag, the program close, the material editor change.. cant work like this.

Thank you

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and please contact us here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please explain in your message what exactly you mean by "trying to change a material". Any screenshots or other information you can additionally provide would be great too. Thank you in advance.

2022-06-24, 12:37:03
Reply #100

brr

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi, sorry to disappoint you, but it seems that you just tried using Scatter with V-Ray too early. Please note that currently:

Chaos Scatter works with Corona 8. It does not work with Corona 7 and older. A Chaos Scatter license is provided with a Corona 8 license, but not with licenses of older Corona versions.

Chaos Scatter works with V-Ray 6 (to be released soon). It does not work with V-Ray 5 and older. A Chaos Scatter license is provided with V-Ray 6, but not with licenses of older V-Ray versions.

Licensing issues when using both Corona and V-Ray will be addressed soon so that Scatter will be usable in "cross-platform mode".

In your post you wrote that you have V-Ray Next and V-Ray 5 licenses. It is not expected for Chaos Scatter to work in this case, unless you only use it with Corona 8.

So this issue should be resolved really soon.

Hello Maru,

thanks a lot for such detailed reply,
Corona Renderer almost always had Corona Scatter build in, I totally understand why there is no reason/no need and possibility to use new Chaos Scatter with previous versions of Corona.
But in Vray there was no scattering tools and it is a bit sad that we can not use Chaos Scatter officially with vray next, vray 5... :(

Anyway, thanks a lot for Chaos Scatter - it has a lot of improvements and trello board looks really promising.

2022-06-24, 12:54:21
Reply #101

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello Maru,

thanks a lot for such detailed reply,
Corona Renderer almost always had Corona Scatter build in, I totally understand why there is no reason/no need and possibility to use new Chaos Scatter with previous versions of Corona.
But in Vray there was no scattering tools and it is a bit sad that we can not use Chaos Scatter officially with vray next, vray 5... :(

Anyway, thanks a lot for Chaos Scatter - it has a lot of improvements and trello board looks really promising.

V-Ray 6 will be released soon and Chaos Scatter will be a part of it.
Back-porting features to older versions is not planned (e.g. Chaos Scatter in Corona 7 or V-Ray 5).

2022-07-14, 02:35:37
Reply #102

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, guy's to be clear here on my workflow, the corona image editor is linked to the license server and if I have one working license and 3 nodes I cant open more than one image editor? because im getting a no license available. I was able to edit on several images (for example 63) on different machines to speed up my process, if I want to do this I have to buy more licenses?

2022-07-14, 09:12:51
Reply #103

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi guys, guy's to be clear here on my workflow, the corona image editor is linked to the license server and if I have one working license and 3 nodes I cant open more than one image editor? because im getting a no license available. I was able to edit on several images (for example 63) on different machines to speed up my process, if I want to do this I have to buy more licenses?

Hi Vaslavo, I will contact you about possible solutions through our support portal because we will need to involve the licensing support team here. Please stay tuned.

2022-07-22, 06:43:42
Reply #104

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't have a licence and cannot render. My request for Chaos helpdesk was issued (#48186) 36 hours ago. 36 hours passed and not a single word from the helpdesk (no other that there IS a licence on my account), nothing has changed in regard of licence showing up in my chaos licence server. Without any reason it just stopped working - the payment went off, money is deducted from my account, as it does since the first commercial release of Corona. There was no update of any software, I didn't even changed the settings in renderer and yet - no licence. It happened right on the day of payment. It definitely stands up to the company name - chaos...
« Last Edit: 2022-07-22, 06:47:06 by rozpustelnik »