Author Topic: Render limit set but still rendering past limit  (Read 3103 times)

2020-11-15, 02:11:43

ChrisMyatt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So i've set up a bunch of stills for a client over the weekend. These are all set for 05:30 hours limit due to the time available over the weekend and this has been going for 08:30 hours so far?

2020-11-16, 09:39:47
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello Chris,

thank you for reporting this. This is a bug on our side that whenever there is a pass/noise limit set, the time limit is ignored until the pass/noise limit met. I have forwarded the issue to the developers.

Thanks again,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2020-11-16, 09:42:03
Reply #2

ChrisMyatt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great, thanks for passing this on.

All the best

2020-11-16, 13:13:02
Reply #3

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hey Chris,

upon further investigation, I noticed that this actually might be intended by design. Is it possible to upload the scene? https://corona-renderer.com/upload

Please, check thoroughly if the render setting that you have selected is the one that you are changing. I, for example, just noticed that in a fresh scene, time limit works correctly, but in a more complicated scene with multiple Render Settings and children, I simply overlooked what I was changing and had my time limit set to unlimited.

Please, let me know,
Jan

2020-11-16, 13:25:00
Reply #4

ChrisMyatt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will check over it, but it did work the second time and finished rendering at around 3 hours. That was after pressing stop and restarting the render in the render queue from the image i uploaded to the topic.

Not sure why it did it, it was set to noise level 3% and a time limit of 05:30:00. Yet went on for 08:30:00

Maybe it just got a little confused, It's probably too hard to pin point the issue and in all honesty, probably not worth your time as i've used Corona for a long time and never had the issue before! Just thought it may have been something that cropped up in the latest build.

Unfortunately i wont be able to share this one, or not for a long time anyway.

Keep up the great work team!

2020-11-17, 23:38:14
Reply #5

ChrisMyatt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just had this issue again, same set of scenes.

It could just be something in the scene causing the issue, however i did notice that when opening a queued scene, i noticed that i had all Render setups highlighted? whether this causes the issue if it is saved like this im not sure. could be the root of it. Will see how the renders go tonight now they have been saved with only one selected.

2020-11-18, 09:35:38
Reply #6

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
It's quite possible. For me the issue was that I had child Render Settings set up and the child was set differently than the parent.