Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 209813 times)

2017-10-05, 21:53:33
Reply #615

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this has been reported before but the symmetry stuff isn't showing up in the IPR correctly.

Screenshots attached, its a really simple scene :)

:)
Again, no bug here.
Sure, as houska stated: "... this is a bug in C4D itself..." and should be resolved from their side.

2017-10-06, 10:23:23
Reply #616

wlf_alex

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Lared material does not work correctly. "Amunt" does not work. "Displaciment" is not working through the mask.

2017-10-06, 17:26:41
Reply #617

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Cinema crashes on render when adding an image to the background plate slot in the shadow catcher.

This doesn't happen to me. I can change the texture in IR too and nothing crashes. See my setup in the attachment...

Cheers houska I'll take another look shortly.

Hi Ben,

any luck with this one?

Cestmir

2017-10-06, 18:25:23
Reply #618

exor

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-10-07, 14:19:35
Reply #619

Studio Heisenberg

• Active Users
  • Let's cook
    • View Profile
Hello, I have done some tests with new version, I think it is pretty close to stabile and production use, I have found few things that needs to be solved before serious use of IR and this version in everyday usage.

Some bugs I have encountered (some of them are maybe mentioned here already but I had to point it again cause they are making this unusable in production):

HDRI - Changes does not update in IR window
Post effects in IR window reset to default after changing for example light intensity in corona light or moving object and for many other situations.
Override materials gives some errors in preview, some object does not display correctly (if I put white material in override some object remains grey).

Other stuff that are maybe not bugs but would be nice to have are:

IR window size(resolution) not dependent on output size
Option to stack ir view to side by side view in viewport or any other viewport window (Like in 3DS max)

I will test more these days and write down my thoughts. Beside these I think developers have done great job in this version and it is a huge step forward. Good luck in future work guys :)
Rajko

2017-10-07, 14:32:30
Reply #620

Beanzvision

• Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Cinema crashes on render when adding an image to the background plate slot in the shadow catcher.

This doesn't happen to me. I can change the texture in IR too and nothing crashes. See my setup in the attachment...

Cheers houska I'll take another look shortly.

Hi Ben,

any luck with this one?

Cestmir

Yeah man I've had a look at it and there has been no further crashing. :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2017-10-07, 23:04:42
Reply #621

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio

2017-10-09, 08:18:01
Reply #622

rasskass

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Am I the only one getting blurred textures when using the Corona Bitmap as texture input.

Textures becomes super blurred out!

2017-10-09, 08:42:58
Reply #623

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Am I the only one getting blurred textures when using the Corona Bitmap as texture input.

Rendering for 6 month only with Corona, and still cant understand why should I use Corona bitmap instead of standart c4d bitmap?

2017-10-09, 08:44:27
Reply #624

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website

Seems to be working alright here. Did you up the texture resolution in the preview tab?
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-10-09, 13:39:02
Reply #625

Beanzvision

• Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Is it me or is it not possible to zoom out with the IR window running? I have a camera locked into position and would like zoom out past actual size (the minus bottom stops there), when rendering large images it's hard to use.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2017-10-09, 16:52:40
Reply #626

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Is it me or is it not possible to zoom out with the IR window running? I have a camera locked into position and would like zoom out past actual size (the minus bottom stops there), when rendering large images it's hard to use.
The same here. Confirmed.

2017-10-09, 17:19:52
Reply #627

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-10-09, 17:48:47
Reply #628

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

In 3DSMax, the rendering resolution for IR is set based on the VFB size. When you resize the VFB, the rendering is restarted.

So given that the resolution of IR will be base on the VFB size (currently it's not in C4D), zooming out does not make much sense.

2017-10-09, 22:34:40
Reply #629

Mac_Mac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there!
I have just installed latest build 10.09 (on Mac Pro, C4D R18)
And I feel that the previous version of IR was faster. Besides, in the current version I can only navigate the viewport and change the materials. All operations on objects: moving, hiding/unhiding etc. are always make Cinema crash :(