General Category > General CG Discussion

3dsmax resetting UI

<< < (5/5)

pokoy:
Will only be able to look it up on Monday, will do if no one else does before.

Actually, this could really be the issue. If 2017 defaults to max root and has no write privileges it will fail to save any custom changes. That would indeed explain both of our issues. Good point.

aaouviz:
I know this is a SUPER old thread...

I'm using Max 2022, Win 10 and getting this same problem.

Same set-up on another PC doesn't have this reset problem. Very frustrating.

Was there ever a consensus on how to fix this issue?

danio1011:
For me this only happens when closing two instances of Max at the same time.  My understanding is that Max ‘writes’ the preferences upon close, and if two instances are closing same time you get corruption.  My $0.02 hope it helps!

brr:

--- Quote from: danio1011 on 2022-05-16, 07:57:12 ---For me this only happens when closing two instances of Max at the same time.  My understanding is that Max ‘writes’ the preferences upon close, and if two instances are closing same time you get corruption.  My $0.02 hope it helps!

--- End quote ---

Thanks danio1011, your $0.02 helped a lot. I had this issue for a week in 3ds max 2022 and I have tried different solutions with no luck. As you wrote, my settings got corrupted. Thanks again !

romullus:
When i switched from Max 2014 to Max 2016, i was suffering from this issue almost daily. Since then i learned to avoid to have 2 Max instances running simultaneously, or if i do, i always take care to not to close them both at the same time. This simple technique almost completely cures resetting UI curse for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version