General Category > General CG Discussion

3dsmax resetting UI

<< < (4/5) > >>

daniel.reutersward:
I have this issue several times every day (I almost always have 2 Max instances open).

I created 2 Windows Batch Files and pinned the folder with those batch files so I just need to double click on 2 files and all my settings are restored.

Not a perfect solution, but for me it is a lot faster than having to locate the folders I need to restore my settings every time.

Hoping for a solution to this!

Jacinto Monteiro:
Moved to Windows 10.

Moved to 3ds max 2016.

Same reset UI problems as you Peter.

warlock:
I did everything and never solved that resetting UI problem!!!

And another thing I've struggled with is huge file size due to track notes!

Tones of scripts out there, tones of questions asked to Autodesk but some  users didn't find any solition to solve this problem!!!

pokoy:
What did the trick for me in 2017 is to give the current user read/write privileges to max root and all child folders/files. It *should* be looking in the user paths but for some reason it won't on my system and tries to load settings from max root. Since max can't write into max root folder when it closes it'll not save any changes I do, so it's the only workaround that'll work for me.

One odd thing that we also have is that another user's account will override my account's max settings in 2017, I really have no clue how this can happen.

Managing the UI (and bringing user settings to a new version) is crazily difficult and unreliable in Max, I hope it'll get reviewed for the next version.

Frood:

--- Quote from: pokoy on 2016-11-18, 18:39:44 ---give the current user read/write privileges to max root and all child folders/files

--- End quote ---

I do that for (trusted) domain users for the whole "Program Files" path because of all that software using  paths/user profiles badly. Saves me a lot of time. And as we know, 3dsMax is one of those.

--- Quote from: pokoy on 2016-11-18, 18:39:44 --- for some reason it won't on my system and tries to load settings from max root.

--- End quote ---

This is also something I allways change because I want all settings to be the same for all users. And nothing is lost when a user profile gets corrupt for some reason. This setting has been in "install.ini" to date.

Had no time to testinstall 2017 so... could you please check if ther is (still) a file called "install.ini" in the max root please? And if so, could you post it´s content for me? That would be great. Because if they changed that option, it would be a lot of work for me to migrate to 2017 here. And this could also be part of your problems.

Good Luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version