Author Topic: Chance - Spaceman WIP  (Read 1657 times)

2021-01-18, 22:42:46

Curtis Walker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Abstract Canvas
Hi everyone,

I had this idea to create something left field from my everyday and it wouldn't go away, so I started this.

As my previous personal project it revolves around music and something a little retro/synthwave inspired. I'm going to create an animation with this but these are more a quick proof of concept 3d sketch or style frame of where I want to take it. I'll try to post more up as I go.

The astronaut model was picked up off CGtrader and I edited the shaders primarily to suit my needs, before rigging it. That was no fun considering the mesh density but given this started out as a sketch I didn't want to go through the whole process of retopology etc....I may pay for that later.

These are straight out the frame buffer with some tonemapping. No photoshop yet.

I'm quite excited by this one and where its headed....here hoping I can get what i have in my head done without too much project creep kicking in.

Thanks for looking,

Curtis

2021-02-04, 08:39:20
Reply #1

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it looks pretty cool so far. How do you get the nice flare with colors in the first shot reflecting in the helmet?

2021-02-11, 18:09:47
Reply #2

Curtis Walker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Abstract Canvas
I think it looks pretty cool so far. How do you get the nice flare with colors in the first shot reflecting in the helmet?

Thanks. Just using the built in lensflare in the VFB in v6. Played about with scratches, dust etc. Its fun to play with and works well.

I hope i can get back to him soon!