Author Topic: Batch material edit  (Read 82181 times)

2016-08-21, 10:15:32

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details

ScriptSpot link
Macros category - "Nik Scripts"
« Last Edit: 2017-04-19, 12:53:08 by Nik »

2016-08-21, 14:55:23
Reply #1

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi there

this is something I am looking for a long time.  I am happy :-)

I would like it to add the script as a shortcut to a toolbar.
In which category do I have to look for the script?
If there isn't one at the moment, I would suggest the "Cororna Renderer" category. As Deadclown placed his script under this category as well.

Regards

Johan

2016-08-21, 18:04:00
Reply #2

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
I wasn't sure that somebody will be interested in this script :)
There is no macro for now. I will make it today

UPD. I did that
« Last Edit: 2016-08-21, 23:32:35 by nik684 »

2016-08-22, 14:34:21
Reply #3

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
This looks great. Thank you! Will try it soon.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-08-22, 14:44:13
Reply #4

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Wait, today I will upload new v1.3 with some bugfixes, adaptive dialog height and code optimisation.
UPD. v1.3 ready

Feature requests are welcome :)
« Last Edit: 2016-08-22, 14:52:00 by nik684 »

2016-08-22, 17:50:09
Reply #5

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
One feedback for you: could you please allow for 4-digit integer input. Currently 99 is max value.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-08-22, 17:57:56
Reply #6

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Script finds valid range of values for each parameter. I described all of them in code.
If some integer parameter is limited by 99 then it's limited in UI of shader too. Or it's a bug and I need to fix it :)
For all undescribed parameters script will limit you by 999999999 :)

What exactly integer parameter are you talking about?

2016-08-22, 18:02:34
Reply #7

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Script finds valid range of values for each parameter. I described all of them in code.
If some integer parameter is limited by 99 then it's limited in UI of shader too. Or it's a bug and I need to fix it :)
For all undescribed parameters script will limit you by 999999999 :)

What exactly integer parameter are you talking about?

Trying to set Material GBufferID >99

The spinner allows me to go to 9999
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-08-22, 18:04:17
Reply #8

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Yes, this is my mistake, I fixed it.
Redownload please.

2016-08-22, 18:05:26
Reply #9

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Yes, this is my mistake, I fixed it.
Redownload please.

Awesome work mate! Great script... already helped me a tonne today doing loads of mat tweaks across a bunch of scenes. Thank you.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-08-22, 23:23:42
Reply #10

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi,

just downloaded the new version and tested it. So far so good :-)

Would it be difficult to add the option the change values of a Standard Bitmap?
For example I have a Multi/Sub-Object with 10 different Corona materials and each material has a Standard Bitmap in the diffuse slot.
I would like to change all the RGB Levels in the Output Slot of the Bitmaps from 1.0 to 0.9.

2016-08-23, 08:41:06
Reply #11

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Actually maps get things more complicated. But I'm interested in this feature and it think I see a good way to realize it.

UPD.
Well, I tried and I failed :) Maps could be nested in other types of maps. Code doesn't support maps at this moment. UI must be remaked too.
So now I can't promise that this feature will be implemented.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-23, 10:09:08 by nik684 »

2016-08-23, 10:41:11
Reply #12

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2016-08-23, 18:39:00
Reply #13

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Hi and thanks for such a useful tool - previously for such tasks I used Modifier Modifier Zorb http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/modifier-modifier-zorb - it surely has lots of features and even some randomization functions but is a major pain in youknowhere to use it as it is so goddamn slow to update selections and do any operations with or at least so on heavier scenes - yours on the contrary is lightning fast and gets the job done too.

There's a couple of features I miss which would be good if you could implement in your script :

Standard bitmap filtering amount
Standard bitmap filtering type
Corona bitmap filtering amount
Corona bitmap filtering type

Those alone could save quite a lot of time for sure

Not present in zorb or anywhere else (with some exception which I will explain below) and probably harder to implement but surely most useful ones

Adding some sort of intelligent modes\settings\constrictions for setting levelDiffuse value - namely:

- ignore materials with overall diffuse color brightness lower than some user set threshold - that would be tremendously useful for ignoring some metal materials with a dark or black diffuse present in the scene and setting all others to say 0.8 as well as ignoring all materials which were set up right in the first place (say level 1.0 but grey diffuse etc.) for more albedo trouble free rendering - I did ask Martin (DeadClown) for such a script and he did a sort of it quite a while ago, gave it to me and some other users, but because he didn't want newbie users to misuse that (as there are some possibilities to do so for sure) he didn't share it with the public - probably you could ask him how he did that or maybe he will even let you integrate his script or part of it into yours

- ignore materials whith diffuse level\strength controlled by the user set threshold - would again let script to ignore already well set up materials albeit in a different manner than the one above

- ignore materials with refraction level\strength controlled by the user set threshold - self explanatory )

- ignore materials with reflection level\strength controlled by the user set threshold - self explanatory )

Hope those are possible to do as I think such options could really benefit every Corona user our there and save lots of time dealing with, for example, some initially properly set up corona scenes to which, at some point, some simply converted by CM/LC and unchecked due to a creative/deadline rush models were added (especially when those were converted from some obscure material setups containing models) - well, you know how that might go when those are not checked in time and it's too late to go correcting them one by one ))

2016-08-23, 18:51:04
Reply #14

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Wow, that's what I call feature request! )
I understood all of these and will try to implement as well as bitmaps parameters. Its complicated but doable