Author Topic: REBUS RenderFarm  (Read 170720 times)

2017-12-14, 11:32:49
Reply #225

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Merge will blend your images together (e.g. if you render the same scene with 5 passes, and then 10 passes, and merge it, you will get the same thing as rendering it for 15 passes). It has some other uses too, like stitching regions, but generally this is mainly useful in cases like rendering on farms.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-03-12, 14:34:22
Reply #226

Correntes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • PRESSRENDER
I'm about to start a job, to specify the render output is in the render setup, common tab ?
I need cxr for denoising.

Thanks

2018-08-15, 03:34:12
Reply #227

3Dsoldier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I tried Rebusfarm and it is very handy , however I was not able to save in CXR corona format.
I don't know if I miss something in the procedure or if it's not allowed that file format saving .
CXR format saving from renderfarm would be very useful to adjust lighting color and intensity after the renderfarm computation and not before .

2018-08-16, 01:39:11
Reply #228

Luke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • LC3D
I tried Rebusfarm and it is very handy , however I was not able to save in CXR corona format.
I don't know if I miss something in the procedure or if it's not allowed that file format saving .
CXR format saving from renderfarm would be very useful to adjust lighting color and intensity after the renderfarm computation and not before .

I used it over the weekend and had no trouble saving cxr's... did you set up the "Render Output" (Render Setup->Common tab) to be .cxr?

2019-01-14, 14:39:57
Reply #229

Librillian

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello
I have a problem with saving CXR file (REBUS FARM). I choose render output as "...cxr", make every light select and lightmix element correct, choose "BEAUTY" mode when interactive render is going on...but when the render on farm is complete - I have CXR file with NO LIGHT MIX settings:
"LightMix is not available. You need to add...."

2019-01-15, 14:00:47
Reply #230

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hello
I have a problem with saving CXR file (REBUS FARM). I choose render output as "...cxr", make every light select and lightmix element correct, choose "BEAUTY" mode when interactive render is going on...but when the render on farm is complete - I have CXR file with NO LIGHT MIX settings:
"LightMix is not available. You need to add...."
Hi, do you use latest (v3) CIE to view the CXR?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2019-04-09, 13:45:58
Reply #231

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have nothing but constant gripes with rebus. Everything from the 'smart' checker not picking stuff up or brand new issues cropping up when you click upload, to the farm hanging on a single node for literally hours longer than the rest of the nodes and then having their support tell me its because of the content of my render.

The bit that i find to be the biggest hurdle is that you dont get any progress report or render previews so youre essentially at the behest of their smart checker as to whether its going to render correctly. Even their live chat is constantly closed. Its proven fact that live chat is the number one choice for customers in terms of tech support. twice as useful as email as shown in various studies.

Its a very non-user friendly experience and the quicker i can invest in my own farm the better. Im currently having an issue with one out of 25 nodes hanging for over three hours longer than the rest of the nodes and whilst support restarted the node i was only offered a refund if i cancelled the render "since youve already missed your deadline"
« Last Edit: 2019-04-09, 14:59:14 by jpjapers »

2019-04-10, 16:25:35
Reply #232

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im currently having an issue with one out of 25 nodes hanging for over three hours longer than the rest of the nodes and whilst support restarted the node i was only offered a refund if i cancelled the render "since youve already missed your deadline"

Had exactly the same issue. Never tried it again, it takes more time to upload without any issues and hope for a final render to be received then eventually render it out by myself. I believe I still have a great amount of renderpoints left but I don't dare to use them...

Let's hope Chaos Cloud will be around soon for Corona.

2019-04-12, 13:07:03
Reply #233

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im currently having an issue with one out of 25 nodes hanging for over three hours longer than the rest of the nodes and whilst support restarted the node i was only offered a refund if i cancelled the render "since youve already missed your deadline"

Had exactly the same issue. Never tried it again, it takes more time to upload without any issues and hope for a final render to be received then eventually render it out by myself. I believe I still have a great amount of renderpoints left but I don't dare to use them...

Let's hope Chaos Cloud will be around soon for Corona.

Well thankfully after some convincing i was refunded. But it just seems to me like there should be some progress monitoring available like autosaves at intervals. But they wont do this because it means people can see their render going wrong and then stop it before they can fleece you for credits.

2019-04-21, 17:01:07
Reply #234

killer000sp

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, is here anyone else who noticed the decision of Rebus to put away option for setting job cost in ferminizer? Now there's only option to set pass limit. It's really disappointing thing for me. Rebus is not perfect - I have same problems as you guys but after searching for alternative I found almost nothing such user friendly or maybe I missed something... Also this option was crucial for me since I'm student/freelancer and I don't have so much money to spend on testing number of passes which suit for specific scenes.
I would be glad if someone could recommend some alternative to Rebus with user friendly UI and well-arranged Max plugin. I don't know if it was something special on Rebus but I would appreciate if cost setting was there. I don't have much time for research and mainly for research pricing policy of each render farm so I would like to know your suggestions.

One thing surprised me the most - I wrote to Rebus support asking why they put away that particular option and they replied that Corona licensing policy changed and is too expensive for them. Also they don't plan to bring back this option in future. I don't know what to think...
« Last Edit: 2019-04-21, 17:23:14 by killer000sp »

2019-05-01, 18:49:41
Reply #235

Incognitus0i0

• Users
    • View Profile
Only bad experience with this renderfarm - constant crashes on scenes, the newest ones are the best - "unexpected error". All they can say is to remerge scene to a new file and upload again. Did that 3 times and still get the same error. It's just absurd. Missed deadline for more than 3 weeks only because of those errors. I started to think that maybe my scene is really that messy, but then i tried another farm and... there it rendered without any errors. My advice - choose something else, if you value your clients and deadlines.

2019-05-02, 13:06:09
Reply #236

Luke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • LC3D
fwiw - i've had much better success with garagefarm... and their support is top notch!

2019-05-03, 06:47:02
Reply #237

mh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • houra.cz
Do any of these renderfarms have a preview available for submitted jobs? Garagefarm looks good and they mention the ability to review frames, but it only seems to work for animations and I mainly do stills — ie ideally I would want to look at a progressing render to check it all looks ok, similar to jpjapers was saying earlier. I've been using rebus but have been having some bizarre errors lately very close to my deadlines which are so painful and stressful to deal with
---

2019-05-06, 01:12:27
Reply #238

Incognitus0i0

• Users
    • View Profile
From what i know, in garage farm the only way to get "previews" is to render your frame at 5 times smaller scene - i don't know any renderfarm that has ability to preview renderint in progress.

2019-05-31, 03:47:50
Reply #239

mh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • houra.cz
So I've been testing out garage farm for the last couple of days and I am really impressed! the customer support is great and most of my scenes render much cheaply than they used to do on rebus (mainly because they are cheaper, and also because they still have both noise and pass limits available — unlike rebus, which has either or for DR)

there are a few weird quirks that you have to get used to, but overall it's looking very promising. just my two cents in case of anyone wants to try them out as well
---