Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

shift in displacement and texture map

<< < (2/4) > >>

frv:
Well, I found that the problem is related to the texture tag in the object manager set to Cubic instead of UV. At UV all is fine but once set to cubic the color map no longer matches the displacement map.

That complicates my work since I often need to move a texture on a facade without having to go into UV mapping. I usually set these texture tags from UV to cubic.

What can help is to set the displacement texture to a level of minus and plus. Like -5 and +5 for the brickwork. But it does not completely solve the problem.

I hope this is fixable by the Corona team. I wonder what causes this behaviour.

Beanzvision:
Hi, can you also test the same material and process with the standard renderer? I want to know if this is Corona related or if it's a general C4D issue. If you can test that, that would be great!

burnin:
More segments you add to geo, more precise and visually better displacement gets.

frv:
Hi,
tx but I have no idea how to do that. I tried making the same C4D default material but displacement does not show in C4D in standard or phyical render. At least not with my settings.

Well, I better let this go. We have the same material/textures set up in Lumion and there it all works perfectly but a little less impressive renderquality. I already tested the patience of our clients a little too much and they are happy with what my co-worker did in Lumion.

I could try v8 to see what happens.

frv:
Well, I tried the default C4D PBR material and there it also showed that cubic projection makes the displacement and color mappings not match up both rendered in CR.
But I do not now how to switch on displacement in the physical C4D render engine. Somehow I can not get displacement to show in the default renderers in C4D. Maybe its these textures or something else.

Attachments left cube with CR material and right cube with C4D PBR both rendered in CR.
1 Cubic projection
2 UV projection

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version