Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Cryptomatte playground!

<< < (2/6) > >>

marchik:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-02-07, 16:03:31 ---I'm not an expert, but it appears that cryptomate works just fine in Affinity Photo, no need to rename, or do anything special. On the other hand, it looks that cryptomate completely ignores volumetrics, will this be improved in the future?

--- End quote ---

Could you please explain in more detail how exactly it works in Affinity Photo?

For me the .cxr file opens without any passes, merged
and the renamed .exr has cryptomatte passes similar to corona vfb, but I can’t use them, as it is intended

romullus:
I didn't know that there should be separate passes. I opened CXR and sampled colors from the mask. As i said, i'm not an expert, if cryptomate supposed to work somehow differently, i would like to learn that :]

TomG:
Oh, it is supposed to work differently - that colored pass is NOT cryptomatte. For one thing it does not resolve motion blur and depth of field, you will just get solid "on or off" pixels, while the cryptomatte pass for that object will in fact have correct fading of the mask. For example, the first image below is how it would look in that pass, and the second is how it will look in the layer.

When loaded by software that understands cryptomatte data, you will get one greyscale layer for each named object (or layer, or layer + name, etc. depending on the cryptomatte settings in the Render Element), see third image. You can then copy and paste the layer for a particular object into a mask for, say, an Adjustment Layer.

romullus:
Oh crap :[ I wonder if it would be possible to add an option to export separate layers instead of single cxr file? For those that don't have cryptomate compatible software?

shortcirkuit:
im still confused by cryptomatte - with wire color i usually use the magic want tool  in photoshop to select the color i want - is this how we do this in photoshop for cryptomatte?  I usually save out my renders as 16bit tiffs so im not sure if am doing things right - can you please outline how we get these perfect masks as i cant work it out for the minute

--- Quote from: TomG on 2022-02-10, 15:25:14 ---Oh, it is supposed to work differently - that colored pass is NOT cryptomatte. For one thing it does not resolve motion blur and depth of field, you will just get solid "on or off" pixels, while the cryptomatte pass for that object will in fact have correct fading of the mask. For example, the first image below is how it would look in that pass, and the second is how it will look in the layer.

When loaded by software that understands cryptomatte data, you will get one greyscale layer for each named object (or layer, or layer + name, etc. depending on the cryptomatte settings in the Render Element), see third image. You can then copy and paste the layer for a particular object into a mask for, say, an Adjustment Layer.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version