Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Cryptomatte playground!

<< < (4/6) > >>

TomG:

--- Quote from: davetwo on 2022-02-11, 14:49:29 ---You can see how Photpshop handles the Cryptomatte masks iwith the aid of the Exr-IO in this V-ray tutorial: https://vrayschool.com/vray-cryptomatte-exr-in-photoshop/

--- End quote ---

Yep, good one! This is also what to expect from Corona from what I've seen, and how to work with it.

romullus:
As nice and cool cryptomatte is, it would not make me get back to photoshop. Nope, thank you :]

TomG:
You may want to send a feature request to Affinity ;)

Software that can handle cryptomatte is listed as Autodesk Flame, After Effects, Nuke, Blender (Compositing Nodes), Houdini (COP), V-Ray (which can handle them in the V-Ray frame buffer itself), and Photoshop with Exr-IO 2. If anyone knows of more, feel free to comment!

romullus:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2022-02-11, 16:03:04 ---You may want to send a feature request to Affinity ;)

--- End quote ---

I will. I already saw some similar requests on their forum, but they are surprisingly very few - i guess not many 3D designers use Affinity products.

mlon:
Hey there, is it possible to have cryptomatte work without shading enabled?
If i disable shading in render overrides settings it gives no alpha masks in the crx.
ID for instance does work when shading is disabled. This saves allot of time.

mlon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version