Author Topic: Steinway animation  (Read 1914 times)

2017-01-30, 14:04:48

stevenchman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys.

Here's a short animation on a Steinway piano (Steinway Louis XV) that I modelled a few years back.  It was one of the most complex models that I've done, so I decided to revisit it, convert it to Corona and make an animation of it.  There are still a few more scenes that I would like to add to it, but I'm fairly happy with it so far!  Hope you like it!  C&C welcome.

Music: Ludivico Einaudi - Lady Labyrinth

2017-01-30, 17:39:14
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Super impressive, but I have some complaints:
-compression destroys a lot of detail and fine gradients
-it would be great to render it at full hd
-dancing fireflies - this could be solved by: 1. using denoising; 2: since the scene is pretty dark already - clamping highlights - this could be done either in post, or in Corona > System > Highlight clamping
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-01-30, 18:16:21
Reply #2

stevenchman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback Maru.

Can't say I'm very knowledgable on the video side of things so it took me a while to understand how to even convert into an mp4 of decent quality and size!  But I'm looking into that.

I had accidentally sent some of the scenes of at 720 rather than 1080, so next iteration will be 1080 :-).

Thanks for the advice on the fireflies.  I'm already using denoising, but I'll look into it some more particularly with the highlight clamping.

2017-01-31, 16:42:04
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Also be sure to lower GIvsAA to 4-8 when rendering with strong DOF. This will make rendering DOF faster at the cost of GI, which I think is not really prominent in your scene.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us